Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daniela

Is it normal for your skin to be swollen on regimen ?

On to week 5 and my skin is still red irritated and it's also swollen. I thought it was normal but everyday my skin looks more and more swollen. Not sure if this is normal anymore :( it looks super round and red. I don't even look like myself anymore. 

I'm really sorry to hear that :(  All i can suggest is to maybe use bp only once a day and see if the swelling goes down.  i don't know what else could be causing such a reaction.  If it gets worse i would go see a doctor if it doesn't go away.

You might be allergic or sensitive. If it gets really bad, you should stop using the products on your face and substitute a natural, gentle cleanser with a gentle moisturizer. Cetaphil would be recommended.

I've been going through the same thing! I'm on week three right now. Yesterday, I had a huge breakdown cause my skin was so dry, swollen, and irritated. I wanted to see what was causing it, so I researched each of the products in the regimen and found that it could be the moisturizer. Last night, I did my routine with the cleanser and BP, but I switched back to my old moisturizer (first aid beauty hydrating repair cream). OH MY GOSH. I'm sooo happy I switched. It's the next morning and my skin is already so calm. I still have little flakes, but nothing like it used to be. Honestly, I would do some research and see if you're willing to switch moisturizers. And I would suggest the first aid beauty one! It is so hydrating and has never broken me out. I hope this helps!