Notifications
Clear all

Matte vs. Dewy Dilemma

MemberMember
(@victochan)

Posted : 03/21/2017 6:47 pm

From perusing the depths of the internet, I learned that matte finish is the way to go when it comes to lessen the appearance the indents left by acne, because oily and dewy skin accentuate them more. From having years of acne and oily skin, I have always leaned to prefer matte finishes. But recently, i've been told that my skin looks to powdery / dry from my matte foundation. I want to know your opinion whether you prefer matte or dewy finishes. So all this to say whether I shoul try for a dewy look , but it will make my scars still apparent, yet will it look more natural or better than matte?

i am really confused because I don't even know myself what will suit me better. By the way, sometimes I use Benefit porefessional to fill in the scars. I just want to look more natural and not too made up.
MemberMember
(@megmarsh)

Posted : 03/28/2017 9:20 am

Matte foundations are better for making blemishes less obvious but it can look unnatural. Instead of going either fully matte or dewy maybe you could try a semi-matte finish? That's the kind of finish I usually go for and I think it looks quite natural, and for me it doesn't accentuate imperfections as much as a full on dewy foundation. ^_^

MemberMember
(@victochan)

Posted : 03/29/2017 12:37 pm

On 28/03/2017 at 10:20 AM, MegMarsh said:

Matte foundations are better for making blemishes less obvious but it can look unnatural. Instead of going either fully matte or dewy maybe you could try a semi-matte finish? That's the kind of finish I usually go for and I think it looks quite natural, and for me it doesn't accentuate imperfections as much as a full on dewy foundation. ^_^

Thank you so much! I recently bought the Urban Decay Naked Skin HD foundation and it's a semi-matte finish.