Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cloudydreamer

Best medium to full coverage foundation for accutane users

Hey, everyone. I'm sure this has been asked before, but I wanted to speak directly to some recent or current accutane users about what foundation has worked best for you.

A bit about me: I have sensitive skin and I've been more prone to cc's than ever, so I need something that covers but is non-irritating. I have a lot of PIH/PIE, so a light mineral makeup or tinted moisturizer won't work. The following foundations have worsened my skin:

• Fiona stiles - the alcohol content stung my skin, and it got greasy fast
  • Cover Fx - dries with a weirdly sticky finish, contains pore clogging ingredients like squalene [ugh] 
  • Born This Way - alcohol irritated me, poor color match 
  • Maybelline Fit!Me - gave me a huge cystic pimple and irritated skin 
  • Cover Girl clean makeup - same as above 
  • Clinique - I don't think it worsened my acne, but lord...it's the UGLIEST makeup I have ever worn in my life! Sinks into every line and pore. Not cute. 
Thanks!  Edited by cloudydreamer

I really like the 'maybelline age rewind concealer', and then just use the 'Marcelle Face Powder Translucent'.
It's for hypoallergenic skin and It works the best for me.

I know its expensive but the coverage is legit and it doesn't irritate my face. Chanel Lumiere Velvet. You don't need much, its hydrating and looks beautiful. I won't use anything else. My skin is super sensitive as well and this is the best foundation I have ever used. I used to be a hard core Clinique user but I swear by this stuff now. INVEST. I also use the smashbox loose powder because its not reflective to light which does wonders and sets everything in a very matte way. 

Edited by MissLavonne