Notifications
Clear all

Does taking kratom affect acne ?

MemberMember
(@jpoznan0587)

Posted : 03/03/2017 11:02 am

Has anyone who has taken kratom for an extended period of time experienced a flare up in acne? Kratom can be taken in a pill form or can used in a powder form to be mixed in a beverage. Kratom is a holistic alternative for pain relief and comes from the same greenery as the coffee bean.

MemberMember
(@effittcmk)

Posted : 08/02/2018 9:49 am

I deff believe so. My skin has been progressively crazy the last 3 months that I've been upping my dose. Tried to quit 3 days to see if it would clear up but didn't see results and was depressed over my skin that I went write back on. Kept doing more and more due to my stress of the way my skin looked and worse and worse it got. Finally on day 10 of withdrawal. Done see much improvement yet but bc it messes with your hormones, I'm sure my body needs time to rebalance. I really do believe it causes acne due to messing with your hormones. There are many others that agree on Reddit and have said after quitting, they're skin got better but it takes time. I never experienced breakouts on my neck and chest. Little on back and face but on kratom it was a LITTLE.. it was everywhere. The whole back, whole face, down neck and all over chest. Tried antibiotics (Mino) and topicals. Nothing worked but was also on high dose of kray. Stopped the Mino at 7 weeks due to leg numbness.. didn't go away untill I stopped the kray. Found out leg numbness can be from hormonal fluctuations. MRI and nerve testing came back with nothing. Had to be the kray. Everyone is different so one will say "oh please.. never had those side effects" but everyone is different. Wondering if u stopped? I know this is over a year old but had to sign up to see. Will give my body one month off this kray and see how it goes. My doc says I'm a candidate for accutane but I want to eliminate everything before I do so. Like I said.. not even in puberty years was this that bad and if so just my face.. not everywhere. I am 27 and this came out of no where. As well as my hair was falling out on the kray. A lot of users report that as well .. which has to do with AGAIN.. YOUR HORMONES.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 04/18/2021 10:49 pm

On 8/2/2018 at 10:49 PM, Effittcmk said:

I deff believe so. My skin has been progressively crazy the last 3 months that I've been upping my dose. Tried to quit 3 days to see if it would clear up but didn't see results and was depressed over my skin that I went write back on. Kept doing more and more due to my stress of the way my skin looked and worse and worse it got. Finally on day 10 of withdrawal. Done see much improvement yet but bc it messes with your hormones, I'm sure my body needs time to rebalance. I really do believe it causes acne due to messing with your hormones. There are many others that agree on Reddit and have said after quitting, they're skin got better but it takes time. I never experienced breakouts on my neck and chest. Little on back and face but on kratom it was a LITTLE.. it was everywhere. The whole back, whole face, down neck and all over chest. Tried antibiotics (Mino) and topicals. Nothing worked but was also on high dose of kray. Stopped the Mino at 7 weeks due to leg numbness.. didn't go away untill I stopped the kray. Found out leg numbness can be from hormonal fluctuations. MRI and nerve testing came back with nothing. Had to be the kray. Everyone is different so one will say "oh please.. never had those side effects" but everyone is different. Wondering if u stopped? I know this is over a year old but had to sign up to see. Will give my body one month off this kray and see how it goes. My doc says I'm a candidate for accutane but I want to eliminate everything before I do so. Like I said.. not even in puberty years was this that bad and if so just my face.. not everywhere. I am 27 and this came out of no where. As well as my hair was falling out on the kray. A lot of users report that as well .. which has to do with AGAIN.. YOUR HORMONES.

Yup, I agree with your point. It definitely from your hormones.

MemberMember
(@daphne101)

Posted : 08/02/2021 11:12 am

I am hearing about kratom for the first time, is it helpful?

MemberMember
(@kavencare)

Posted : 08/15/2021 10:05 pm

It can make your skin dull and block the skin pores. This can lead to the formation of pimples and other skin irritations as well.

MemberMember
(@aardvarknationyahoo-com)

Posted : 07/29/2022 7:30 pm

Hi.  I have taken Kratom for well over two years.  An old girlfriend left some at my house and when I got Covid early in 2020 I remembered that it made me feel œbetter when she had given it to me years prior and she had left some in my kitchen cabinet so I thought it couldn™t be any worse than how I felt with covid (Bed ridden 47 days, long  covid 10 months)   A big part of why we broke up was that I had to take her to the emergency room because she was in extreme stomach pain, and after the $1000 evening where no medical issue was found it came out that she had been taking high dose kratom.  Weeks prior she had given me her kratom drink because I had some ache or pain and she promised id feel better. Well about 20 minutes later I was driving and I remember telling her, incredibly alarmed that I felt truly fucked up, Euphoric but dizzy and shaky,  and I told her that if I didn™t know any better I™d say that I was high on pain pills, then it sunk in, I had just taken a big drink of her Kratom.  It was that moment that I knew what it was, and considering that I had already kicked pain meds years prior, I wanted zero part of it.  She was very dismissive, which one would be as an addict, and ultimately it was our straw.   I know fully now that it is one hundred percent equal to any opiode out there.  I have attempted to get off of it multiple times, weaning to almost nothing (2 grams a day) but have never been able to completely quit.  I had been addicted to pain meds from a shoulder accident (15 percocet 10™s a day) and know full well the feelings and side effects of drugs such as Hydrocodone and oxycontin, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this drug is equal to them, it just happens to be legal.  It shouldn™t be.  Anyway, I write now because I too have suffered from SEVERE cystic acne since I began using Kratom and it simply will not relent. By all respects I have always been considered a decent looking guy by others and  I have not had any form of acne since I was a teen but now it looks as if i™m in a perpetual catfight with a bobcat, my face has been destroyed because I also can™t seem to help picking it, which I believe is another side effect of this illustrious drug.  It has been frustrating to try to research this as well when no credible source has yet to take this seriously.  I remember telling my doc about kratom, for which she had never even heard of the drug before.  It simply isn™t on traditional  medicines radar, but I hope it will be soon.  It needs to be outlawed for myriad reasons. What you find when you search kratom and acne are multiple Kratom advocate sites giving bullshit and anecdotal facts, that quite honestly are not true.  Especially frustrating is the œNo studies suggest bullshit.  The two markedly noticeable things that I notice with my skin while taking kratom is that it is ever oily, and that is just not a part of my dna, ever, and then of course the remarkably deep cystic acne that won™t relent.  The interesting thing is that the acne I have now isn™t even like the acne I had as a kid, now it™s much deeper and quite honestly much larger.  I have had multiple prescription drugs to help tame it and now I™m using topical retinol, which does help in the spaces that you put it, but then the acne pops up in other places on my face.   I am more than a bit distraught about it, because I™m dreading the withdrawal (which I have had before from Kratom)  To me I feel the withdrawal  from Kratom is somehow worse than opioid's with the shakes, sweating, jitters and malaise, but it™s been about 15 years since I quit opioids so I may just not be remembering viscerally.  In long,   this is an opinion but a vetted one.  Yes Kratom causes cystic acne, yes, its a drug that should be outlawed and placed in the opioid family, yes it makes you feel jittery, have profuse sweating, cause continual health issues, and yes it™s incredibly addictive. Yes it makes you sweat profusely, yes it makes you dizzy in a bad way and yes it effects your motor function as well as brain function.    If you haven™t tried it and are curious, do yourself a favor and just put it down.  It™s not worth it.  And for god™s sake, don™t listen to the Kratom advocates, they want to sell product.  (Images are current yet, pretty much what my skin always looks like now)  I™m in sales, and you can bet looking like a junkie that picks their skin is a hard sell.  

AAD416C1-DC72-46E6-A6E5-C6FFA06D0468.jpeg

7E48F987-43CB-44CD-9002-957D2E1D9A24.jpeg