Notifications
Clear all

NO DAIRY

MemberMember
(@roz)

Posted : 02/12/2017 10:17 pm

I'm a 35 year old female and I've been suffering with acne for many years, mostly around the jawline. I get big cysts that hurt my face and small black and whiteheads.
I've tried everything over the years--visits to the dermatologist, topical ointments, laser treatment, facials, different makeup products, steroids, Accutane, etc. and nothing works. I notice more breakouts occur during my menstruation, but they never really go away.

After doing some research, I realized that I have hormonal acne. Dairy is a huge trigger for hormonal acne. I decided to stop eating all dairy---milk, cheese, yogurt for 3 weeks. It was difficult at first because I didnt realize how much of my daily foods include dairy. After about 2 weeks Inoticed that I didn't get any new pimples and by the 3rd week the current pimples started clearing up. I'm still working on how to get rid of the dark marks, but I'm so relieved that my face is clearing up from the disgusting acne. I also went to a spa and got a facial to get rid of the dead skin and whiteheads on my face. They used glycolic acid during the treatment which i noticed also helped to brighten my complexion. It's been about a month without eating dairy andIalready feel more confident being around people and not trying to figure out ways to hide my pimples.

So, I can only share what I know for a fact worked for me. Cut out dairy from your diet. I'm not sure how long I'll have to stay away from dairy, but I'll make the sacrifice if it means no more pimples!

pletika liked
MemberMember
(@rk1560)

Posted : 05/03/2017 11:19 pm

I'm a 30 year old male and I had the same discovery- I had to completely cut out dairy, 100%, but it seems to have worked to clear up forehead acne.