Notifications
Clear all

Question about redness and moisturizer! Need some help

MemberMember
(@wehrlebird)

Posted : 01/19/2017 11:40 pm

Hi all, naturally i have oily acne prone skin. I've been on the regimen for about a year now and have followed it religiously. It's worked wonders on my skin but after a while, after being clear with a couple pimples here and there, I wanted a different moisturizer. The flaking was bad and with or without jojoba oil my skin got so shiny even after dabbing it dry throughout the day.
I switched to neutrogena oil free combo skin moisturizer but it was too light. I started to use cerave moisturizer now and it moisturizes well but after the second day my face started getting red and sunburnt looking after applying with the BP. I recently switched to only using BP at night with the cerave for the past two days, and hope to use a light moisturizer in the day that doesn't make my face greasy such as the neutrogena one, now that my skin is not as dry anymore. My main question is should I try something else at night instead of the cerave? Will my skin adjust to this? I know using a lighter moisturizer such as neutrogena will not be moisturizing enough to my skin with the BP it will get to dry again. but the reaction I'm getting to the cerave is not very good. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you.

MemberMember
(@enacopations)

Posted : 01/20/2017 10:48 am

I don't know really, but since you're reacting badly to it you should probably try something different. If you need something to cover redness during the day, I recommend Eucerin AntiRedness Concealing Day Care. It's an AMAZING moisturizer, without it i look like a burnt tomato. It makes my skin tone completely even and my hyperpigmentation way less noticable. It did not break me out either. The cons are that it may look a little white, i mean like you've seen a ghost or something, depending on how much you use (because it neutralizes ALL redness, if you're naturally pale it'll show) and it's kind of shiny. I like to combine it with Eucerin DermoPurifyer Hydrating care, which dries matte and makes the other moisturizer matte as well, but doesn't leave you feeling dry.  I have yet to find another moisturizer that does the same like the concealing day care one. :) 

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 01/20/2017 9:21 pm

epiology skin cream is another moisturising anti-redness lotion you could consider.