Notifications
Clear all

Acne vs. PIH vs. scarring... which torments you the most?

MemberMember
(@psychedelicate)

Posted : 01/12/2017 10:38 pm

Seeing as I've had acne (and still have some PIH and superficial scarring) I was wondering which torments you the most?

Personally I hate my post acne hyper pigmentation (PIH) as it's so stubborn and takes ages to fade away. I can deal with acne because BP tends to get rid of it in relatively short amount of time. But it's the darn PIH that drives me insane! I can also deal with my scarring because it's not too bad; mostly superficial and hard to see.

How about you guys? Chime in below and share your stories.

All the best!

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 01/12/2017 10:56 pm

same. My skin would look like a porcelain dolls if PIE or PIH didn't exist. I get 1 cyst a year and it always lasts 2 months and doesn't heal completely until a 1.5 year cycle of skin shedding. Because my skin isnt as bad as most, people seem to comment on the hyper pigmentation like its a cut or a birth mark because its bright red for the whole couple years. I'm lucky though I know so I don't curse the gods. Ive always wanted clear skin and I feel that my hyper pigmentation is like chasing a carrot on a stick to a horse. I always feel like I'm getting there but nope. However when I'm really trying to be self demeaning I slap on primer foundation and setting powder to cover my red spot or spot(s) depending the year. I hate that even part of my head feelings like I can't exist with a red mark or two.

I'm a dude btw.

Some people just suffer from PIE or PIH worse than others. I see people on accutane removing most of the pie or pih in the time it would take to remove one of my spots. I'm amazed how their skin balances out

MemberMember
(@psychedelicate)

Posted : 01/13/2017 2:34 am

3 hours ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

same. My skin would look like a porcelain dolls if PIE or PIH didn't exist. I get 1 cyst a year and it always lasts 2 months and doesn't heal completely until a 1.5 year cycle of skin shedding. Because my skin isnt as bad as most, people seem to comment on the hyper pigmentation like its a cut or a birth mark because its bright red for the whole couple years. I'm lucky though I know so I don't curse the gods. Ive always wanted clear skin and I feel that my hyper pigmentation is like chasing a carrot on a stick to a horse. I always feel like I'm getting there but nope. However when I'm really trying to be self demeaning I slap on primer foundation and setting powder to cover my red spot or spot(s) depending the year. I hate that even part of my head feelings like I can't exist with a red mark or two.

I'm a dude btw.

Some people just suffer from PIE or PIH worse than others. I see people on accutane removing most of the pie or pih in the time it would take to remove one of my spots. I'm amazed how their skin balances out

Exactly. The worst is when the PIH is clumped up in one spot. I have about three to four PIH marks on both sides of my face and they're all in the same area.

I had a massive breakout about two months ago after being completely clear of acne for about six months. It was absolutely devastating. But of course, the worst part wasn't the actual acne; it was the PIH. Here I am now trying to get it completely clear. It's happened before so I know they'll eventually fade away again. It's just a drag how long it takes!

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 01/13/2017 12:55 pm

My best advice. If you're only dealing with PIE or PIH. Ditch the lightening routine. I've come to terms that I will make my acne free skin worse if I start adding new things to change my tone.