Notifications
Clear all

How can you feel beautiful with acne?

MemberMember
(@weebs)

Posted : 01/10/2017 3:42 pm

I am so sick of my acne. I have literally done everything and I'm pretty sure it's here to stay. I had flawless skin at one point and didn't appreciate it and now I have been suffering for about 6 years. I'm so tired of esthetians and dermatologists. I feel like those businesses thrive on the dependence of most acne sufferers. I search the web and I diagnose myself with being allergic to everything and using the wrong products. I have lost relationships and love for myself over these little bastards. I'm just curious if anyone ever feels ugly or discouraged because of their acne and how do you get through the moments when you want to curl up into a ball and die? Also if anyone can lend some insight on maybe things I'm doing wrong i would really appreciate it. I was my face twice a day with a grapefruit cleanser that has salycylic acid in it(homemade from holistic spa) and I just recently started using a water, acv, and witch hazel toner. I haven't been able to find a moisturizer that works for me. So lately I have been using a moisturizer with shea butter, coconut oil, and pumpkin seed oil. I think maybe my main cause is really hotwater. I take showers with hot water and wash my face twice a day with it as well.

sorry for the novel.
please help!

MemberMember
(@harleyz)

Posted : 01/10/2017 10:07 pm

Hello friend you are not alone here. My ex-boyfrined broke up with me a year ago, and my acne came back full force (my face was clear for about one year thanks to birth control) following the depressive breakup. Now I have a lot of whiteheads all over my face, not to mention the red marks from old acne. I understand how you feel. I feel ugly every morning when I see myself in the mirror. I have to force myself to wash my face, put on skin care products although they may not help at all, and put on BB cream to cover up as much as I can. Because of acne I cannot go out with friends at night, or even travel to exotic places (I've always wanted to go to South America) for fear that sweat, alcohol, and changing environment would make my acne worse. I've missed so much, but there's nothing I can do about those things that I missed.
As for moisturizers, maybe you should ditch the one you are using right away. coconut oil is known to clog pores. Be careful with that especially when you are already suffering from acne. Hot water definitely is a no. Wash your face with luke warm water only, because hot water can irritate and over-dry your skin.
I am currently on birth control and Chinese herbal medicine. I've seen small improvements during the past week, and I'm expecting the situation to improve faster once I fly from China, the polluted land, back to the States, where the air is much cleaner. Acne is a SOB, but I do believe that it has something to do with our internal organs. Stay strong friend.