stopping Obagi Clen...

Notifications
Clear all

stopping Obagi Clenziderm to start Regimen?

MemberMember
(@cozziecar1)

Posted : 01/05/2017 10:43 am

Gosh, I remember finding this site when I was struggling with my teenage acne 15 or so years ago.  I just recently came across it again, as I am now 30 and my acne is flaring up.  Some months and years have been better than others as with all who suffer from adult acne, but it just recently has become the worst it has ever been.  I've tried it all - lots of BP regimens (but never Dan's).  I used Proactiv for years did help a little, but nothing that stuck.  For about 2 years now, I have been using the Obagi Clenziderm system in the PM in combination with the Epionce line in AM,  which has been the most effective acne treatment I've ever used.  I had been able to keep my adult acne mostly at bay or the last year or so, with never more than 1 or 2 spots at a time.  About 2 weeks ago, out of no where, BAM!  I started breaking out like crazy.  2-3 new spots a day, some cystic and under the skin.   Nothing in my skin care of lifestyle has changed.  

Now, I am seriously considering starting this regimen after so many have had success.  I am nervous about stopping my Obagi Clenziderm system, which is salicylic acid & BP based, but it has not been doing my skin any favors as of lately.  Do you think I should stick it out with the Obagi and just think it's a fluke that I've been breaking out so randomly?  Do you have to stick strictly to Dan's regimen?  Would I be able to sub a different moisturizer for Dan's?  Is there no need to incorporate a toner in this regimen?  I have attached some pictures from my worst breakout this morning so you can get an idea.   A month ago this time I didn't have a single spot on my face, and I remember looking in the mirror and thinking my skin has never looked so clear.

Any tips or advice on weeing off my Obagi skin care system and starting this regimen would be soo helpful!!  Thank you and Happy New Year!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 01/06/2017 5:02 pm

Hi Cozziecar1,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. Adult acne can be a nuisance but we can help.

You may stop using your current acne treatment and use the Acne.org Regimen immediately.

The Regimen products are clinically proven and they will work to clear your acne. Make sure of two things:

1. You are using only Acne.org Regimen products on your face and nothing else.
2. You are using the Acne.org Regimen products exactly as directed.

If you do both 1 and 2 you will have completely clear, radiant healthy looking skin. Guaranteed.