The Regimen...with ...

Notifications
Clear all

The Regimen...with a twist

MemberMember
(@nyi)

Posted : 12/24/2016 10:47 am

I began the regimen 3 weeks ago. I started with the recommended pea size once a day for the 1st week. However instead of of progressing to the full index finger in the 2nd week, I continued with the pea size due to my sensitive skin, wanting to avoid too much irritation but I did go to twice a day and have been continuing this through the 3rd week. So my question is: It is ok to stick with this low dosage of BP if I am noticing good results?

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 12/24/2016 10:58 am

Well i started with a thin fingers length, for 3 weeks and at the end of 4th week I tried a thick fingers length that just completely made my face dry tight and made dead skin worse, so Id say if the amount is working for you stick to it, but increase it ever so slightly.

Howlingmad and Nyi liked
MemberMember
(@cons)

Posted : 12/28/2016 1:25 pm

I would increase it just because your face is more than likely to get used to that small amount so maybe in a month from now you might find yourself breaking out mildly again. Increase it the smallest bit and take it day by day. Increase it at night and if you wake up with redness or irritation give your skin a rest and next time just go back to the lesser amount. You never know, higher dosage might make your skin flawless!!

MemberMember
(@obber)

Posted : 01/01/2017 3:09 am

I have been on/off the regimen several times and here's my experience: At the onset of BP treatment, it's hard to tell if the first 3-4 weeks are a sign of whats to come in the future. It takes me about 8 to 12 weeks for my skin to stop forming new pimples using BP treatment, and it's a roller coaster of breakouts until that point. I wouldn't rely on the first 3 weeks to be a good indication of whether I am doing something right or not.

But if you're happy with where you're at now, I think it's worth risking potential breakouts and not irritating your skin to experiment with how it goes for you. If you're unhappy with the results, then you can choose to increase it every so slightly every time, then stick with a set amount for about 4 weeks to see if that new amount is effective.

Or you could work up to the prescribed fingers length amount in the span of several weeks like the acne.org regimen suggests, and if successful, lower the dosage.

I think for someone who gets overly red and irritated, the first option is a good idea. :)

Nyi liked
MemberMember
(@nyi)

Posted : 01/02/2017 12:26 pm

I noticed you all mentioned to increase my low dosage ever so slightly occasionally since my skin will get use to it...wouldnt that happen too with the recommended finger length?