Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr22ausman

Bad skin equals depression in life!

Hey guys, 
just want to know how much other people out there are severely depressed about there skin? I has cystic acne younger left some good scars! Tried peels , laser , needling , subcison and a million creams....some marks improved other just got 1000 times worse...
laser damage is comming up on my face and doctors told me I have rosacea because my face is so red and inflamed now..and there testing me for lupas because I have a strange butterfly texture on my skin (not red but texture is completely different) 
all of a sudden my life is just faiding away. I feel envious of normal people and I hate being myself. I can't stop thinking of ways to fix and hope people that know me never see me. I avoid everyone now! It's either I find peace in Buddha or God or something or it gets worse I will prob just die! Life sucks at the moment and I use to be a fun guy. Anyone else going through hell as well or am I just weak as hell. 

Your certainly not weak. All it took for me was one terrible reflection in a mirror and now I'm a complete mess. I obsess over every inch of my face, look in all sorts of reflective surfaces and it's just got to the point now where I won't go out anymore other than to work and walk my dog. Like you I used to be outgoing and love going on days out but now I just question how I ever went out without a care in the world. Your not on your own here, so many people in this forum struggle in the way you are. If I am to believe what people tell me then our skin probably is nowhere near as bad as we think it is.

Lupus is something I am getting tested for, not becauseif my skin though it's due to many other health issues I suffer from but at least if you do have lupus then you have a good reason as to why your skin is different which may be easier to accept in time.

I'm beyond being depressed about my skin. I'm just building up the courage to kill myself now. There is no cure for acne so if you have it the only way to be rid of it is killing its source.....yourself. I'm thinking prescription pills as I have plenty of them.