Diminishing Success...

Notifications
Clear all

Diminishing Success with Regimen

MemberMember
(@tophat44)

Posted : 11/12/2016 12:17 am

Here's the background info:

Started regimen a long, long time ago. About three years ago. After 5ish months on it I was baby face clear and stayed that way for about half a year. Mind you, during this time I could eat ANYTHING and not be affected. It was a good time. Flash Forward to now, my skin isn't that great. It's typically a week long breakout (1-2 zits a day, for a week) follow by a week of healing/red spots, followed up by two-three days of clear, nice looking skin. Only to break out and start the process all over again.

I eat a really, really restrictive diet. No grains of any kind, no dairy, caffeine, eggs, nuts, sugars, potatoes, or high GI foods. I drink a ton of water and keep my carbs down, nothing to cause acne here.

So here's my question: What else can I be doing? because the regimen on its own isn't doing enough for me. If i'm going to shell out money every month for face products and a crazy diet, I want results.

Current Regimen:
- Ceve Hydrating face wash
- 2% BHA (started this a month ago, unure if it does anything for me yet)
- Acne.org BP
- Ceve face lotion
- Redness reducing creme (day) Jojoba oil (night).

Type of acne:
- Hormonal, I'm an 18 year old male. Enough said.
- Lots and LOTS of clogged pores. Squeeze just about anywhere on my skin and a pile of sebum will pop out (gross, I know).

Open to all suggestions. From getting a prescription to the crazy trick that worked for you -- I need some ideas because I'm tired of acne.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/15/2016 9:11 pm

Suggestion: Try eliminating the BHA treatment and see if this helps. My guess is you may be overtreating your skin and causing excess irritation, which can cause irritation breakouts.

If you're going the Regimen twice a day at the recommended dose, then this should be enough.

If it isn't, it may be time to see your dermatologist and see what they recommend.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!