Notifications
Clear all

help pls

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 10/29/2016 8:45 pm

Another halloween spent hiding from my friends .I feel so sad and hopeless. I've tried everything and it feels like nothing has been able to help long term . 2 rounds of accutane and antibiotics have left my immune system weak and prone to infection. I isolate myself because i have no self esteem. I can't see myself ever being successful, happy or able to live a normal life. brb going to cry some more.

MemberMember
(@justalittlelonger)

Posted : 10/30/2016 3:18 am

Have you tried the usual diet changes they talk about here on the forums? Like avoiding dairy and going gluten free?

For me it's not caused by a food intolerance. It was most likelyaluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly (common ingredient in antiperspirant) that caused my acne among other things. Try and avoid aluminum ingredients anyway because it clogs pores.

If you're sure it's not food related, see if you can get tested for metal allergies. They can cause inflammation just like food ones.

Hang on. I know how horrible acne is to deal with.

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 10/30/2016 11:34 pm

thanks - i've experimented with diet for years. some foods make my skin worse, but nothing makes it better :/