Notifications
Clear all

Prozac & Testosterone

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 09/14/2016 9:36 pm

I've read a lot on these forums saying that Prozac caused some people acne...

however I've also read a lot saying that Prozac lowers testosterone. High testosterone causes acne. So wouldn't Prozac help with that?

also, stress and anxiety cause acne...so wouldn't Prozac help?

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 09/15/2016 5:29 am

I'm not sure how or why, but I know Sertraline/Zoloft (another SSRI) seriously contributed to a horrific cystic acne breakout for me a few years ago, so I can quite believe that Fluoxetine/Prozac might do the same. I don't understand why and I don't think the doctors do either because they said they'd never seen it before, but my skin improved loads when I switched toVenlafaxine/Effexor (an SNRI) so in the end they agreed that it had to be the Sertraline.

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 09/15/2016 9:57 am

4 hours ago, MoonlitRiver said:

I'm not sure how or why, but I know Sertraline/Zoloft (another SSRI) seriously contributed to a horrific cystic acne breakout for me a few years ago, so I can quite believe that Fluoxetine/Prozac might do the same. I don't understand why and I don't think the doctors do either because they said they'd never seen it before, but my skin improved loads when I switched toVenlafaxine/Effexor (an SNRI) so in the end they agreed that it had to be the Sertraline.

i've taken Prozac in the past and i don't think it contributed to it... but then when i read all of the reviews, it freaked me out!