Notifications
Clear all

Help

MemberMember
(@john-mclean)

Posted : 09/14/2016 12:09 pm

Hi Guys I've been suffering for a very long time with acne and it's killing my confidence and its really bothering me and gets really bad when I shave, linked some pictures below can anyone help me!?! Or give me some advice?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 09/22/2016 4:45 pm

i assume your using a razor blade? unfortunately razors and shaving gel/foam can irritateacne and make things worse.

have you considered an electric razor? i would highly recommend a goodelectric foil razor (not arotary electric razor), for me i find when i use my electric foil razor my skin calms down and does not tend to break out.

MemberMember
(@xc60)

Posted : 10/11/2016 4:20 am

My shaving regimen

Fill sink with hot water
Take shower, exfoliate face and neck with a microfiber wash cloth
After shower, leave face wet, put Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisture Shave onto face and neck
Shave lightly with the grain with a Bump Fighter fixed handle razor
Rinse with water
Dry off face
Apply Provon Moisturizing Lotion

MemberMember
(@bradyce331)

Posted : 11/01/2016 12:47 am

Hi please please please whatever you do, do NOT shave with an electric razor/shaver! Those irritate your skin to no avail and should be banned from the market because they are so terrible for your skin. Trust me, most people say they get bumps and severe irritation from electric so stay away from that. If you must shave with a razor, follow the acne.org shaving regimen provided on this site exactly. Shave with the acne.org cleanser and use the acne.org moisturizer afterwards with benzoyl peroxide and AHA glycolic acid occasionally works wonders for bumps and ingrown hair. I did this and reduced my redness and irritation and ingrown hairs after shaving dramatically but the only method of shaving I found that I received absolutely zero irritation from and no bumps or ingrown hairs is by using a beard trimmer. Now this is much different from an electric razor because a beard trimmer only trims the hair down to stubble but you don't get any ingrown hairs, redness, or irritation. I went to a military school and had to be clean shaven everyday and I used a beard trimmer my entire time there because a razor shave still gave me too much irritation and although I did have a little stubble it still could pass as a clean shave. Try it out I promise you will be happy you did. Just go to Amazon and search 'Wahl beard trimmers' as Wahl has the best trimmers and clippers around. Best of luck!image.jpeg