Notifications
Clear all

What worked for me (naturally) after a decade of acne

MemberMember
(@user532889)

Posted : 09/11/2016 6:37 pm

Just wanted to chime in (I'm usually snooping around the Acne Scars forum) about how, after nearly 15 years of consistent acne issues, I've cleared 99% of my skin WITHOUT accutane or any medication. Trust me, I've had it pretty bad with acne on my face, neck, back, and chest. For the past few years I get one or two at its worst, so no complaints.

I'll keep it short and simple:

-Eat REAL food: Foods that come from the soil and not created in a manufacturing plant.
-AVOID processed sugar and gluten like the plague. (Gluten is a relatively new introduction into the human diet, so there's a genetic inability to process this specific protein)
-Have plenty of healthy fats/oils: coconut, avocado, lard, REAL butter, olive.
-Good source of carbs (your body NEEDS some) are sweet potatoes and wild rice. Limit, but don't fear, regular rice and white potatoes.
-Keepin water as your #1 source for hydration, avoiding fruit juice REGARDLESS of health claims (just look at the sugar content!)
-Nasal flushes with drops of acv mixed in water (or saline solution). A healthy happy nasal cavity really helped me out. Don't ask why.
-HIITs!!!!!!

**Complementary activities include; breathing from the nose (look up the 'oxygen advantage'), meditating, exercising, keeping a good sleep cycle, squatting when you poo (if you have issues then they sell stuff like Squatty Potty)

I'm sure I may be missing one or two or a few suggestions, but this should be solid info for anyone with acne and/or health issues.

Edit/Update:
Our bodies are bombarded with stress from sugar, gluten, the plethora of processed foods, antibiotics, electromagnetic pollution (and the list goes on)...all of which cause dysbiosis and other biochemical distortions. Taking back our health via foods is the easiest, best way to manage some of that stress...in turn, acne.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@user532889)

Posted : 09/13/2016 1:05 am

And one last thing:

(As part of my complementary inclusion)
"Human thoughts and intentions are an actual physical 'something' with astonishing power to change our world. Every thought we have is TANGIBLE ENERGY with the power to transform"...but you have to turn good/positive thoughts into an experience, and let it become part of you.

EDIT REASON: caught misspelling

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@piotrj)

Posted : 09/28/2016 5:21 pm

On 12.09.2016 at 1:37 AM, APEX man said:

(Gluten is a relatively new introduction into the human diet, so there's a genetic inability to process this specific protein)

Do you have any scientific evidence on that? Our bodies are very effective at digesting protein.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 09/28/2016 6:50 pm

Congrats on finding your clear-skin solution! Best wishes for continued success!! :)

1 hour ago, piotrj said:
Do you have any scientific evidence on that? Our bodies are very effective at digesting protein. 

Many people have problems digesting wheat protein (gluten), myself and my son included. My son's nutritionist recommended the gluten-free/casein-free diet for him, after one of his celiac markers came up positive. For us and many others, gluten causes an inflammatory response, which can manifest itself in a variety of ways, acne being one of them. For most people, gluten poses no problem, but more and more people are going gluten-free, mainly due to all the genetic modification which is causing wheat allergies in some people and just overall feeling like crap after eating wheat. My own primary doctor is recommending the gluten-free diet more and more with her patients who complain of stomach pain and bloating, irritable bowel, sudden onset allergies, chronic cough and runny nose, etc. Tons of research out there, just google it.

MemberMember
(@piotrj)

Posted : 09/29/2016 6:12 am

I agree that some people do not tolerate gluten. But recommending a gluten-free diet to 100% of the population is simply an overkill.

The most common cited statistic indicates that more than 3 million people in the US suffer from celiac disease, which is approximately 1 in 133 people. However, more recent numbers suggest the number may be closer to 1 in 100.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12578508 - here's the statistic

So if you eat some bread and feel great afterwards, I'd say there is no reason to cut gluten out of your diet.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 09/29/2016 8:28 am

2 hours ago, piotrj said:

I agree that some people do not tolerate gluten. But recommending a gluten-free diet to 100% of the population is simply an overkill.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12578508 - here's the statistic

So if you eat some bread and feel great afterwards, I'd say there is no reason to cut gluten out of your diet.

Nobody's recommending gluten-free to 100% of the population. I agree, that would indeed be overkill. As you said, most people feel great after eating wheat bread, and 100% whole wheat is insanely good for you. So doctors would never recommend anyone giving it up without good reason. But eliminating wheat/gluten is something to try if eating wheat makes you feel like garbage after eating it, or you break out easily, or your nose runs after eating it, etc. This was the case with me. have a histamine response to wheat...led to bad post-nasal drip and chronic cough...plus bothered by IBS for a long time and overall felt shitty after having my healthy whole wheat toast and cereal. Eliminating wheat and subbing with gluten-free choices like brown rice was the way to go for me...all my symptoms went away. And it probably explains why no one else in my family had acne...no one else had food sensitivities. But as I said, more and more people are discovering they are sensitive to wheat. A blood test will confirm an allergy, or people can try the gluten-free diet and see if it helps.