Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WarrantedAide

2 years on accutane low dosage and...

Hello everyone,
First of all, sorry for my broken English, that is not my main language.
I just wanted to share my testimony because I know what it is to have a very bad skin and suffer daily.
My post will be simple and short.
For 5 years, I had extremely oily skin throughout the T zone. And when I say extremely, my skin shined horribly 30 minutes after washing my face.
I was 28, and no more acne. Just a very very oily skin, some redness, blackheads and enlarged pores. I was living very poorly.
I tried different diets, different washes, different creams, but nothing helped, I just think the cause was hormonal (I am a man with high testosterone levels).
So there 2 years, my dermatologist prescribed me roaccutane low dose: 10mg per day at noon.
Since, it is a miracle. My skin is perfect.
At this dosage, side effects are present but minimal: lips dry and sensitive skin.

I know that this drug is very controversial, but if you've tried everything, you are close to despair as I was, just try it.

I do not know how long I'll take it, maybe life time, maybe not, I make analyzes regularly, but all is OK.

Just wanted to share this.

Take care !

9 hours ago, WarrantedAide said:

Hello everyone,
First of all, sorry for my broken English, that is not my main language.
I just wanted to share my testimony because I know what it is to have a very bad skin and suffer daily.
My post will be simple and short.
For 5 years, I had extremely oily skin throughout the T zone. And when I say extremely, my skin shined horribly 30 minutes after washing my face.
I was 28, and no more acne. Just a very very oily skin, some redness, blackheads and enlarged pores. I was living very poorly.
I tried different diets, different washes, different creams, but nothing helped, I just think the cause was hormonal (I am a man with high testosterone levels).
So there 2 years, my dermatologist prescribed me roaccutane low dose: 10mg per day at noon.
Since, it is a miracle. My skin is perfect.
At this dosage, side effects are present but minimal: lips dry and sensitive skin.

I know that this drug is very controversial, but if you've tried everything, you are close to despair as I was, just try it.

I do not know how long I'll take it, maybe life time, maybe not, I make analyzes regularly, but all is OK.

Just wanted to share this.

Take care !

I've been trying to get on a low-dose accutane for years to no avail.  I know it would clear me up immediately.  I have the same problems as you did except I also get closed comedones which turn into pimples.  

The dilemma here in the U.S. though, is that accutane is regulated by the FDA and derms usually can't prescribe a low-dose.