Notifications
Clear all

Do I have rosacea?

MemberMember
(@kid_wonderland)

Posted : 08/23/2016 1:05 am

I don't know if I have/am getting rosace or not, perhaps it's just irritated or inflamed, I have no clue. The left side of my face is almost completely clear as far as pimples goes but its red as you can see in the pic which doesn't make sense as I don't really get pimples on that side. I've been taking 1 50Mg doxycycline monohydrate daily since November 2014 which I think my body is use to (if that's a thing?) so it has almost no effect at this point. I don't really wash my face as it turns tomato red which I hate seeing. I only use cocoa radiant lotion on my face and I sometimes rinse my face with Luke warm water. I recently started using AHA %10 lotion for the red marks from past pimples and the general redness on my face but I stopped using it because I don't want to risk making my skin even more red.

(Btw my mom has rosacea)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@tyler-r)

Posted : 08/23/2016 9:06 am

7 hours ago, Kid_wonderland said:
I don't know if I have/am getting rosace or not, perhaps it's just irritated or inflamed, I have no clue. The left side of my face is almost completely clear as far as pimples goes but its red as you can see in the pic which doesn't make sense as I don't really get pimples on that side. I've been taking 1 50Mg doxycycline monohydrate daily since November 2014 which I think my body is use to (if that's a thing?) so it has almost no effect at this point. I don't really wash my face as it turns tomato red which I hate seeing. I only use cocoa radiant lotion on my face and I sometimes rinse my face with Luke warm water. I recently started using AHA %10 lotion for the red marks from past pimples and the general redness on my face but I stopped using it because I don't want to risk making my skin even more red.

(Btw my mom has rosacea)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I would say that you have rosacea.  The location, bumpy texture, and uneven redness lead me to believe this.  You should go to a derm and try their suggestions.  Some people find success with the initial treatments, others battle rosacea their whole life.  Either way I've always heard it is pertinent to deal with rosacea in its early stages before it gets worse.

BUT it is almost always impossible for someone on the internet to tell what you have based on a photo, so make sure you get diagnosed by a doctor.