Wedding in 3 weeks ...

Notifications
Clear all

Wedding in 3 weeks :SS

MemberMember
(@floral)

Posted : 08/16/2016 4:42 am

hi All,

Hope anyone can help me out. I started the regiment a month ago, and so far it reduced the acne in my problem area, but because I apply it all over my face - or I don't know why, I started to have pimples on my forehead which I never had before... Should I just apply BP on the problem area? Is my forehead not going to freak out without the BP? I assume it got used to it by now, so if I take it away...

I'm getting married in 3 weeks and my skin isdry - it's not the worst thing, butI wouldn't even consider putting make up on... But on the wedding obviously I'll have to wear some ... How do I make my skin less dry? I have three weeks, please-please.. Any ideas?

Also, I started using AHA+ but I'm a bit concerned about sunburn, as I live in Europe and we'll have honeymoon in Cyprus... If I apply sunscreen once a day is that sufficient? (Also, the sunscreen dries my skin even more)

Sorry for the long post, I hope someone will put up with the answer!

Bests,
Flora

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/16/2016 10:04 am

Moisturize moisturize and moisturize. If your skin feels dry throughout the day add more. You can even add a few drops of jojoba oil to it. When I was at my driest I switched up my moisturizer for a thicker one (cetaphil lotion).

With AHA, be sure to use an SPF. Or stop using the AHA for the meantime if you can't be bothered with the SPF.

FloraL liked
MemberMember
(@aplentyknight)

Posted : 08/16/2016 11:37 am

Use moisturizer, a pea size amount of AHA, and 3 drops of Jojoba oil twice a day when you moisturizer, that provides maximum moisture and should help!

FloraL liked
MemberMember
(@aru27)

Posted : 08/16/2016 12:02 pm

Definitely switch to Cetaphil!! Add in jojoba oil drops with that if it's still try. After switching moisturizers, my dryness was gone in a week! About the breakouts- the bp might be breaking you out. I had a purging reaction in my 2nd month too..AHA reduced it to an extent, but the whole process takes a lot of time. Use AHA only at night to avoid skin damage during the day. All the best for your big day!! :D 

FloraL liked
MemberMember
(@floral)

Posted : 08/16/2016 12:49 pm

Thank you guys, that helped a lot - unfortunately I can't buy Cetaphil at the moment, as I am back in Hungary, but will definitely try once back in theUK. 
I'll try to do the jojoba oil -tbh I've been using it for 2 weeks now, but no change...
sunscreen -noted, true, I'm supposed to wear it nevertheless, but here in London we don't get much sunshine so I grew lazy.. :D
So you suggest to use less BP, in case the amount in breaking me out? That would make sense actually...
thanks once again everyone - you're heroes for answering so quickly!!!
xx