Notifications
Clear all

Belated initial breakout? Or BCP stops working?

MemberMember
(@jennifer-cheung)

Posted : 08/04/2016 2:10 pm

Hello guys I'm getting desperate here now.

So I've been on Yaz for over six months already and ever since my fifth pack my acne has really token a turn for the worse. I mean WAY WORSE. For the past month I have been breaking out in cystic pimples and I get new ones coming up every few days.

I didn't experience an initial breakout and my skin was clear for the first few months. Could this be a belated initial breakout?! Could it be that my body is reacting so slowly to the hormones that it doesn't happen until now? Or is it that the spiro effect of the pills have stopped working?

But things just don't add up because for the past few months on the pill my skin did get gradually less oily, so that must mean that the anti androgen effect of the pills has been working.

But I have also noticed more clogged pores and my skin getting slightly oilierrecently too. WHY?

Does it really take 9 months to a full year to see results? It feels so ridiculous now because most people would only stay on it for like 3-6 months to determine if the pills work or not.

MemberMember
(@bb8)

Posted : 08/06/2016 5:39 pm

Hey, I was on been on both Yaz and Ortho Tri Cyclen birth control and have had on and off mild to moderate hormonal acne. From my own personal experience the initial breakout happens pretty fast. I started on yaz and within the first month I experienced the initial breakout all over and i would say it was moderate to severe. I ended up switching after 3 months of yaz but towards the end of yaz i did notice that my forehead was clearing up. I got much better results with ortho tri cyclen., perfect clear skin within two months. I would not wait it out, your body should be used to the hormones from the pills by now and your breakout is probably from something else but I would go see a derm or talk to a gyro they would have a better idea of whats going on.