Skipping step 3 bec...

Notifications
Clear all

Skipping step 3 because of Oily Skin?

MemberMember
(@smartgovernor)

Posted : 07/15/2016 10:45 pm

Hello! I just started the regimen and I have high hopes for it. I think step 1 and 2 will be fantastic for me. But I think I'm going to quit using step 3, because it just makes my oily skin - even more oily. After step 1 my skin doesn't look like a disco ball, and after step 2, once it seeps in, it feels great and I know my acne is in the midst of leaving. But then step 3 changes everything... I know it's stressed, and it's stressed BECAUSE of risk of moisture loss from the benzoyl peroxide in step 2... But I finally have a "normal" amount of oil on my face after step 1 and 2 are completed... But adding step 3 changes that lovely fact and makes my skin super oily all over again.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Did you skip out on step 3 and see a difference?

MemberMember
(@wibin)

Posted : 08/10/2016 11:17 am

Looks like no one has replied here.

Answer is: never skip step 3.

It's the most important step. By adding and replacing your own skin's oils with moisturiser leaves your skin with fewer impurities and it will reduce the amount of oil the skin produces on its own. So by adding moisturiser you are likely to have less oily skin since it doesn't get as oily as quick over the day and the moisturiser is less likely to cause spots than your own skin oils.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/10/2016 11:26 am

YOU HAVE TO MOISTURIZE!!!

I am not sure what moisturizer you are using but if you are using the acne.org moisturizer and it doesn't work for you then try another one. There are lost of good moisturizers out there like Cerave (my recommendation) which gives your skin enough moisture without leaving it a greasy mess.

The last thing you want to is skip it because sooner or later the benzoyl peroxide will leave your skin extremely dry and flakey. Moisturizer and jojoba oil are the best things to combat that.