Notifications
Clear all

Daily/Weekly Acne Log - Update 2

MemberMember
(@bedeliaamelia)

Posted : 07/09/2016 4:28 pm

Alrighty, update number 2!

Ive picked up the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control toner and another Neutrogena moisturizer with no acne medicines in it so it doesnt dry me out more. From my experience, using all products from only one brand at a time on your face reduces breakouts because the ingredients in the products correspond with one another better. So, all Neutrogena for me. Theyve been kind to my face.

I must say, for only having these products for a few hours, I really enjoy them! I apply the toner to a cotton ball after cleansing and you can literally see all the leftover dirt that the cleanser didnt get on the cotton ball. It also doesnt burn or sting my face like I heard it does to some other people. From what Ive found, products with salicylic acid are usually safe for my face. This toner does leave a slightly tacky feeling behind, but it quickly goes away and isnt too much of a problem.

The moisturizer is really nice as well. I forget what its called, but its Neutrogena, its oil-free, and it has no special treatments or medicines in it to help treat acne. It also doesnt have any SPF. A while ago I used a moisturizer with salicylic acid in it and it only dried me out further, so I tend to avoid moisturizers with acne treatment in it I get enough acne treatment from my cleanser and toner, no need to overdo it. This moisturizer is a lot lighter than my past St. Ives one and doesnt feel like its suffocating my pores. The moisturizer also leaves behind a slightly sticky feel, but this disappears in seconds.

Today is only day 1 of these new products, so well have to see how my face reacts after a week or two has passed. So far, the cleanser, toner, and moisturizer combined leaves my face feeling very clean and rejuvenated. My pores feel like they can breathe. These products together also dont dry out my face or leave it feeling too oily, in which case I would attempt to use milk of magnesia to tone down oil, which usually works well for me. So far, I like it. Well see how my face takes the addition of products in the days to come.

As far as my acne goes, today has been a pretty okay day, even before I picked up the new products. I dont think theres any actual active acne on my face as of right now, only scars and pimples that are on their way out. I felt more confident than usual today because of the lack of active acne. I hope this trend continues! And I hope were on our way to being clear.

Anyways, Ill update more when I have an idea of the reaction my face has to the products I have now.

-Amelia