Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omgitspres

i really wanna get down to the bottom of this....

I really wish these masturbation/acne posts will finally die. Lets forget any scientific facts for a minute and be real. If sex or masturbation causes acne are you really not going to do either for the rest of your life???

Just thought i'd update anyone who's interested.

Since I stopped masturbating (cold turkey) at the time of my last post (19december), i completely stopped getting the huge pustules filled with crap that i used to! Still get quite a few spots but they're mostly controllable and dont fill up with the nasty yellow stuff!

I don't entirely believe it, but I'm up to try anything. I think the whole masturbating-gives-you-acne thing is a way for parents to get their kids to stop masturbating. Oh well, just my opinion

that is just plain stupid.

maybe when you wank off you sweat and then don't wash your face immediately so you clog your pores.

why don't you try washing your face after you pleasure yourself.

and stop stressing over it - you're probably causing the acne by worrying that your jerking off will break you out.

they taught that crap in bible school when masturbation was still a "sin" - it's not true. plain and simple.

I was just wondering, do you think that on websites for people who are visually impaired, there are such furious debates as the one above about whether their condition is caused by too much masturbation. IT DOES NOT CAUSE ACNE, MAKE YOU GO BLIND OR SHORTEN YOUR LIFE BY 5 MINUTES.

emu: i never stress about it - i only noticed a pattern and stopped it - it's helped lots.

Only a complete fool wouldn't welcome the idea that it MIGHT in SOME CASES have an effect on acne. Clearly there are quite a few people fitting that description on these forums. I won't waste any more time debating it.

Yeah, there's no correlation for me.... hah, but I'm a girl. Sure, maybe it makes a difference but I think you should only be concerned AT ALL if you've tried a regimen for 6 to 8 weeks either OTC or prescription AND have been on Accutane. Don't fret, masturbation is completely normal and I'm sure this is an old wives tale.

I don't see how ANYONE can just say "sorry this isn't true".  What evidence do you have that it's not true?  I didn't use any scientific papers in my previous post - I merely pointed out the fact that no evidence to the contrary exists!!  It's all well and good to say that there's no causal link between the two - but c'mon guys, we need proof! 

"Your body doesn't really ever stop using testosterone nor does it ever hugely change the balance of it in your blood."

Wheres the proof for that??  Perhaps not testosterone directly, but some derivative or metabolically active precursor could quite possibly be involved??

It's infuriating when people tell you that you're just plain wrong, with no evidence!!  eusa_wall.gif  eusa_wall.gif  eusa_wall.gif And i'm not saying that if you masturbate, you get acne!!  Each and every person is very different - some people might be susceptible to this; some might not.

Just thought i'd update anyone who's interested.

Since I stopped masturbating (cold turkey) at the time of my last post (19december), i completely stopped getting the huge pustules filled with crap that i used to!  Still get quite a few spots but they're mostly controllable and dont fill up with the nasty yellow stuff!

Furthermore, if you are masturbating, never delay your orgasm. I noticed that

when i'm trying to avoid cumming, so call, extend the potential pleassure, I got

a harsher acne break. On the contrary, if you masturbate continiousley until you

have an orgasm, you will be more pleased and most probably get less acne ( if

at all ). Since I started masturbating 16 times a week, things have been superb (

im doing it already over 8 months ). You dont have to think about acne that much

and you can relieve stress whenever you like, not to mention that you'll have a much less urge to masturbate. ( most prob, you'll be thinking of it as cleaning your room during weeking. Its just something you have to do, only MUCH more pleasent. )

Thing is, I told my parents about my urges to masturbate. I was really freaked out at

first but they accepted it just fine. Since then it came to a point when I tell them, i.e.

sitting in a living room, that I have to go and masturbate. In addition I also noticed

that I became much less horny than I used to be. The way it was before, used to be

really annoying, I was irritated very often about everything and couldn't focus on

other issues. Nowadays, i'm more relaxed, less stressed during the day, being

horny in a more meassured way ( which is suitable for me ) and more focused when

needed. This way of sexual relief had a very pleasent affect on my acne hassle.

So folks, buttom line is, try doubling your wanking and most prob it will give

nothing but good results.

"doubling the wanking..." to increase acne. that is the stupidest thing i ever heard. u kno i found if i wear red shoes and watch american idol on the same day my acne tends to go down. rolleyes.gif im tellin all ur mommies.

"doubling the wanking..." to increase acne.  that is the stupidest thing i ever heard.  u kno i found if i wear red shoes and watch american idol on the same day my acne tends to go down.  rolleyes.gif    im tellin all ur mommies.

MasterBeater... err, uh, I mean, Beta, hehe, your candidness cracked me up. Truth is, folks, ejaculation for the male is a biological need and just HAS to get done! If it's not done on a regular basis, stress does indeed build up. Stress releases cortisol into the bloodstream which affects your immune system. Also, as that article above points out (or reminds us, really) is that ejaculation, or sex in general, releases "feel good" hormones and is also good for the immune system. Less stress and a immunity boost can only help.

I say beat that acne away!