Excessively oily sk...

Notifications
Clear all

Excessively oily skin.. please help!

MemberMember
(@hannahlouisewebb)

Posted : 07/05/2016 1:57 pm

So for the last few years, since being taken off the combined pill because of migraine type headaches, I have what I believe to be, excessively oily skin and it is driving me completely mad! I very much think this is hormone related, as I have breakouts on my chin and jaw line around a week before I am due on my period (sorry if too much information!). The spots are usually in clusters of 2/3 together and are pretty painful, but no where near as severe as some poor people experience. My main issue is oily skin, which really does affect my every day life. Not only does it make me feel greasy and unclean, it's pretty embarrassing when talking face to face with people, as I feel like they are staring at the melted make up that is streaking down my face! I have probably used every face wash on the market, every cream that promises to reduce oil and shine, and all different oil free foundations.. and surprise surprise, literally  nothing works. Having said that, I do seem to be getting on well with Guinot products, but it doesn't stop the oil production. I've been back and forward to my GP and have been given lots of creams, gels, topical antibiotics and oral antibiotics, and sadly nothing has worked. 

I was just wondering if anyone has got any suggestions? I can't take the combined pill because of risk of strokes, so is there any thing else that can help with hormone prone acne/oily skin? thank you :)

MemberMember
(@hemispheres2112)

Posted : 07/06/2016 8:57 pm

Hi! I knowexactlyhow you feel. Iam 38 yrsold and my skins pretty much clear now but still super super oily. And its all over my face (except my upper lip) yea, gross! And at the end of the day i can feel it on my face *sigh*. Ive researched and tried a ton of products. Nothing is going to stop the oil production. But theres ways to manage and possibly lessen the oil. I buy loads of blotting sheets! Shiseido ones are great. They are thick and have a lil powder on them. Youll be amazed how greasy the tissue gets. I also use la roche posay 2% salicylic acid cleanser. I use at night Glytone products. Start slow. It does wonders for acne, scars. Reccs from my derm. Also, this is weird but it kinda works.... Use a tiny tiny bit of milk of magnesia liquid (original) and spread it on your face. If you do it light enough noone will see it. It a tually works pretty good. o use it at night! Hope this helps

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/07/2016 8:51 pm

I agree with the milk of magnesia suggestion.
Orally, taking cod liver oil+ zinc and 2-3 cups of spearmint tea could help. If ypu can't take birth control have you thought of spironolactone? Um on it for 2 months and my skin is a lot less oily.

23 hours ago, hemispheres2112 said:

Hi! I know exactly how you feel. Iam 38 yrsold and my skins pretty much clear now but still super super oily. And its all over my face (except my upper lip) yea, gross! And at the end of the day i can feel it on my face *sigh*.  Ive researched and tried a ton of products. Nothing is going to stop the oil production. But theres ways to manage and possibly lessen the oil.    I buy loads of blotting sheets! Shiseido ones are great. They are thick and have a lil powder on them. Youll be amazed how greasy the tissue gets.  I also use la roche posay 2% salicylic acid cleanser.  I use at night Glytone products. Start slow. It does wonders for acne, scars.  Reccs from my derm. Also, this is weird but it kinda works.... Use a tiny tiny bit of milk of magnesia liquid (original) and spread it on your face. If you do it light enough noone will see it. It a tually works pretty good. o use it at night! Hope this helps

I use the milk of magnesia during the day under my make up and it really helps! The plain not mint :)

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 07/07/2016 11:55 pm

This isn't exactly a solution and it may not even be remotely near what you are searching for, but there's a product that I've tried called "herbalism" from Lush cosmetics. It's kinda expensive and it's an exfoliator, but it does an absolutely amazing job and removing oil while very very gently cleansing your skin. Like I said previously, this is most likely not what you're searching for, but when I read your post this product came to mind. Maybe you can add it to your routine as a weekly exfoliator?
Just throwin it out there in case you want to try it! :) 

[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@oilyonecanobe)

Posted : 07/25/2017 6:00 pm

Check out my Oily thread, maybe a few helpful parts..

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 08/16/2017 2:33 am

I am thinking about the Activated Charcoal Clay Masque from Banish. I have been using this for a while now and it has been working great for me. That one draws out oil like a sponge! I love that it's also made from natural and organic ingredients so it feels really good on the skin.

Try it and if it doesn't suit your skin then you can return it to them within 30 days. :)

MemberMember
(@mechance)

Posted : 10/25/2017 5:40 pm

i have very oily skin too!
skin oil is all over my face.I wash my face before bed at night, and when I wake up in the morning, face oil and oil of my eyes get into my eyes and always make my eyes burning.It's really hard.
In the evening same again!
I have really nothing acne problem but just my skin is very oily
I suffer this problem almost 10 years
I think my oily skin is genetic from my parents
I tried a lot but it didn't work!
This stinging burning eye is causing my eye problem like this increase my eye floaters really
Do you have any of these symptoms?
I need your help! Thank you.