Using the acne.org ...

Notifications
Clear all

Using the acne.org regimen & Adapalene Gel

MemberMember
(@connor-d)

Posted : 06/28/2016 5:25 pm

Im 14 years old and have mild acne. I'm currently on minocycline, and Adapalene gel as my perscriptions to treat my acne. I started using the acne.org regimen during the day. Im following the instructions, but I'm not using it at night. Instead, im using my topigraphical gel at night. The regimen says that the treatment should also be applied at night.

Should i be using them both? Or just adapalene gel? Or just the regimen so i can get the most out of the treatment? Please help!!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/28/2016 5:49 pm

The regimen was designed to be followed strictly. So if the regimen doesn't work, it is most likely because you are only using it during the day.

My suggestion would be to concentrate one one treatment. If you use the regimen then use it both day and night, if you use your gel, then use that based on the instructions. Mixing regimens might just irritate your skin and in the end leave you with more acne to begin with.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/29/2016 10:20 am

I agree with Nicmic. It's best not to try using multiple topical treatments, at least not in the early weeks of treatment. You're better off sticking with the Regimen BP for both day and night for now, let your skin get used to this and have a chance to work before adding anything else. This coupled with the minocycline should work well and get you cleared up. Wait about 6-8 weeks, and then try applying a very thin layer of the retinoid gel over the top of the BP treatment and moisturizer at night time only. Wait about 45 minutes after moisturizer dries to apply the retinoid. Enough of the retinoid will soak into your pores to be effective for clearing up blackheads and whiteheads and keep pores open. There may be an initial breakout but hopefully only minimally if you have an IB with BP. A retinoid can be a great add-on treatment later on in the process for going to work on blackheads, whiteheads, and pore clogs. I'd recommend only using the retinoid every other night. My 15-year-old son applies tretinoin cream every other night over the top of his BP treatment and moisturizer and it's helped his skin alot with blackheads and has improved the texture of his skin, much smoother and softer than a few months ago.

Let us know if you have any more questions! |::)

MemberMember
(@sexychef)

Posted : 11/12/2018 3:08 pm

I only have very few breakouts here and then but I'm starting to see lines on my forehead. I wanted to prevent it from getting worse so I saw this girl from Youtube recommending Differin as wrinkle prevention. So I went to Walmart and get one. At the first week, my skin seems to be working just fine. Pea size during the night. 2nd, third, 4th, fifth week my chin got loaded with cystic acne one after another after another. Painful, frustrating, annoying, depressing, just horrible. They said I'm on a purging stage and should continue using Differin. Should I stop the Differin and start with Acne.org regimen? I can't stand waking up with new big painful acne on my face. Today I woke up with 6 painful zits on my cheeks. What to do? Any advice? I only want my fine lines gone, now I'm so terrified of all these acne all over my face.