Notifications
Clear all

Washing face once a day with bar soap

MemberMember
(@gavin-bark)

Posted : 06/27/2016 7:26 am

I have very oily skin (have been battling acne since sophomore year in high school).
Tried a variety of acne products, but nothing seemed to work.
Tone of my face seems to be getting worse by the year, so I've just decided to cut back on all the products and just use a bar soap and a toner.

I'll be washing my face with a soap only at night followed by a ph toner (using only warm water to splash face in the morning [with nothing afterwards]).
Hopefully, this will help my face to recover its vitality.
I'll keep this log updated (mostly for my own records).

MemberMember
(@gavin-bark)

Posted : 06/28/2016 7:22 am

Day 1, complexion seemed to have brightened. Face seems less irritated and MUCH less oily. I usually suffer from oil going into my eyes, but the oil production seemed to have cut down a lot. Nothing else seemed to have changed, though (it was a bit weird not washing my face with a cleanser twice a day).

MemberMember
(@gavin-bark)

Posted : 06/29/2016 9:45 am

Day 2: Face is more evenly toned compared to yesterday. Oil production seems to have been reduced even more. Small whiteheads have popped up around my face (extremely small). My skin has gotten a bit flaky (perhaps from the lack of using a moisturizer?). Despite all of this, my overall complexion seems to have improved a bit.

MemberMember
(@gavin-bark)

Posted : 06/30/2016 8:20 am

Day 3, the small whiteheads from yesterday have mostly dried out; however, couple of new ones formed around the area. The face feels better at touch (still flaky, but less). Face is less oily and more evenly toned. I'm satisfied with the results so far.

MemberMember
(@gavin-bark)

Posted : 07/01/2016 8:10 am

Day 4, no new breakouts, and the old breakouts have all dried out. Red spots still remains. Face was a bit more oily compared to yesterday, but I'm guessing it's because I used hotter water in the morning and applied quite some pressure to cleanse my face in the morning instead of gently massaging then splashing the face with lukewarm water. However, the oil production was still minimized compared to what it was like when I started. Tone is still evening out.