Notifications
Clear all

Are there any TRULY non-comedogenic makeup products??

MemberMember
(@jazzyraspberry)

Posted : 06/13/2016 11:17 am

Hello All,

I am in DIRE need of recommendations. I am a true believer in the comedogenic scale, however, I have found about 4 scales, and some have additional information than others. To be frank, I have literally checked out hundreds of products' ingredients...every single ingredient, for hundreds of products, against these scales, to find anything that literally has zero comedogenic ingredients. I also learned than many ingredient names have other more technical names for the chemical, that eventually are comedogenic, but are not at first glance. I am tired of this. I do not generally have acne, and pimples aren't the problem, its the clogging that's the problem. I have been dealing with clogged pores in my chin area, and neck, and back, chest and scalp for YEARS. I am in my late 20's. I have tried Rx, I have tried OTC, oil cleansing with hemp and caster, etc.

Anyway, not to digress about other clogging issues...let's focus on my face. I need to find a concealer and foundation that is truly non-comedogenic.Not even 1 ingredients with a level 1 rating. I suffer from skin picking and as long as I have these heavy clogs, I have a hard time stopping picking. it' feels gross to me. Can anyone recommend a foundation and concealer?? Right now I am using TruAirbrush, but it's time consuming and annoying, but it's truly non-comedogenic. It doesn't cover up red marks or scabs well though like a liquid concealer or foundation would.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/10/2016 5:43 pm

Check out Jane Iredale mineral makeup. I used to use their mineral powder foundation and its awesome!

MemberMember
(@jazzyraspberry)

Posted : 09/22/2016 10:10 am

Unfortunately, that too have comedogenic ingredients 🙁

I found two products that are truly comedogenic, but, one has terrible coverage, and the other has terrible color selections. I have every no solution 🙁 the good news is that my clogging is severely diminished!

I'm bumping this post if anyone else can help.

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 10/28/2016 8:12 am

Just because a foundation is non-comedogenic doesn't mean it won't break you out. Alternatively, just because it has one or two low-rated comedogenic ingredients doesn't mean it will. Unfortunately, it's not that simple...You could be sensitive to one or more of the ingredients, resulting in mild inflammation which triggers acne. If you have found formulations that don't break you out, I would say to start by trying other products with similar ingredients.

MemberMember
(@princelykelp)

Posted : 01/19/2017 4:01 pm

I was on the hunt for this too! I found a tool online were you can copy and paste ingredients (I think it was called Skingredients).
It said that the MUFE full coverage concealer had no comedogenic ingredients, and the Benefit Hello Flawless powder foundation also had none. I also switched my blush to the bare minerals one that comes loose in the pot (0 comedogenic ingredients). Double check the ingredients, but since I switched to these two products, my breakouts have decreased! Very unexpected, as every powder foundation I had tried before seemed to immediately break me out.