Notifications
Clear all

Endometriosis or Hypochondriac

MemberMember
(@seplynn)

Posted : 06/09/2016 3:35 pm

Hi, all! This is my first time on this site, and I really need some advice concerning my acne.

I have had pretty severe acne ever since I hit puberty around 13. First my face, then my shoulders, my chest, and my back. It usually flares up around the time of my period and I have noticed that when I eat more healthy and have a skin care regimen that the acne clears up dramatically (and almost completely disappears on my face). However, I can't help but be worried that this might be something more than just acne. I've read up a bit about endometriosis, and while I do not have most of the symptoms, such as irregular periods, bleeding/spotting between periods, pain during intercourse, etc...I have once or twice experienced extremely painful "cramps" (if you can even call it that); so painful to the point where I almost drove myself to the hospital in the middle of the night. Now I know every girl has the occasional really painful period, but I'm a worrier. I love children and I want to have some one day and the thought of endometriosis being the cause of my lifelong acne AND potentially preventing me from having children really scares me.

So, for those of you with moderate/severe acne: did you ever get checked for endometriosis? If so, were you diagnosed? Did you have any symptoms other than severe acne?

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/13/2016 8:15 am

Hi, I dont have endometriosis but I have PCOS. They have some simiilar symptoms. Another possibility is ovarian cysts. If you suspect something is off, ask your doctor for hormone tests and an ultrasound. Having such painful periods isn't normal and I'm sure something can be done to improve your oroblem.
PCOS can cause oily skin and acne, excess hair in women, sometimes blood sugar issues, irregular periods and period pain.
Dont worry, both PCOS and endometriosis are treatable and you can still have kids. I dfidnt have issues getting pregnant and my friend has had endometriosis and has a kid .
See a gynecologist and find out what's going on you will have some answers.

SepLynn liked