Notifications
Clear all

Severe breakout from probiotics

MemberMember
(@kev1231ly)

Posted : 06/09/2016 1:28 am

I'm taking renew life 50 billion probiotics for 4 days and I've had the most severe acne I've had in the longest time. My aunt said initial breakout is normal. Has anyone experienced this and is it true?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/09/2016 11:13 am

My guess is an initial breakout. Just try and muscle through. Probiotics are great for skin health and overall health so I'd try and stick with it! Are you taking any zinc? 30 mgs per day can really help calm skin inflammation. So can building in an omega 3 fish oil supplement. Many people with acne are deficient in zinc, vitamin A, vitamin D3, and omega 3. Consider having your vitamin levels checked, or just see if your skin improves with supplementation. I can suggest some amounts if you're interested. Hope this is helpful! |::)

MemberMember
(@kev1231ly)

Posted : 06/09/2016 9:16 pm

10 hours ago, DeLovely said:

My guess is an initial breakout. Just try and muscle through. Probiotics are great for skin health and overall health so I'd try and stick with it! Are you taking any zinc? 30 mgs per day can really help calm skin inflammation. So can building in an omega 3 fish oil supplement. Many people with acne are deficient in zinc, vitamin A, vitamin D3, and omega 3. Consider having your vitamin levels checked, or just see if your skin improves with supplementation. I can suggest some amounts if you're interested. Hope this is helpful! |::)

I'm not taking any zinc at the moment but maybe I should be I'll try it out. I'm just going to muscle through the breakout and report back a week or 2 later. Thanks your advice is helpful!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@kev1231ly)

Posted : 06/09/2016 10:23 pm

1 hour ago, kev1231ly said:
11 hours ago, DeLovely said:

I'm not taking any zinc at the moment but maybe I should be I'll try it out. I'm just going to muscle through the breakout and report back a week or 2 later. Thanks your advice is helpful!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@3mrd)

Posted : 06/11/2016 8:45 am

me too, i currently started probiotic. i don't know if this is purging or again placebo. I tried zinc, vitamin d3, vitamin e, vitamin a, they helped but still breaking out. praying that this would be the last supplement to take that will be effective for me. i believe that cause of my acne is leaky gut. i have stomach issues like ibs and acid reflux. i break out to any food and vegetable with high protein (egg, chicken, gluten etc.)

MemberMember
(@rollercoaster)

Posted : 06/16/2016 3:53 pm

just eat plain yogurt, i dont trust medicine companies. better to get natural probiotics than synthetic forms

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 06/17/2016 12:54 am

"just eat plain yogurt, i dont trust medicine companies. better to get natural probiotics than synthetic forms"

Agreed. By far the best probiotic I've used is Raw Milk. It's hard to find and kind of pricey, but it contains numerous strains and high quantities of living beneficial bacteria. Raw milk also contains the enzymes that are needed to properly digest cows milk.

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/07/2016 4:03 pm

When I took probiotic capsules, I had an INSANE breakout, mostly around my mouth. It was basically a swarm of large, painful, pus-filled cysts. It hurt to move my mouth even in the slightest. That was probably the worst breakout I'd ever had. I didn't even bother to wait and see if this was just some kind of purge. I stopped the probiotics and started the Regimen, which took care of the breakout within 2 weeks.

I did eat homemade kefir for a while before then with no problems.

MemberMember
(@zeroe)

Posted : 08/21/2016 11:48 pm

On 7/7/2016 at 2:03 PM, wombat666 said:

When I took probiotic capsules, I had an INSANE breakout, mostly around my mouth. It was basically a swarm of large, painful, pus-filled cysts. It hurt to move my mouth even in the slightest. That was probably the worst breakout I'd ever had. I didn't even bother to wait and see if this was just some kind of purge. I stopped the probiotics and started the Regimen, which took care of the breakout within 2 weeks.

I did eat homemade kefir for a while before then with no problems.

Great I just brought some probiotics ><. Is there any other supplement you recommend that help? I saw the above i'mgoing to try D and C. I'm doing my own research with all of them prior to buying them.