Notifications
Clear all

Is it just me or?

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/06/2016 5:30 pm

Ive been on these boards for a couple months now consistently since february. i noticed out of all the forums, the "scar treatments" forums have the most drama, name calling, and putting down one another. dont get me wrong, the feedback and help is fantastic and i love all the reccomendation and help i recieve, however browsing through the other forums i realized everyone is much more friendly than the scar treatments forum.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/06/2016 7:02 pm

Acne scars are more of a burden than acne so I understand. Studies have shown that people with acne scars are discriminated against. People with clear skin often dont know what the scars are which leads to unfair treatment socially and in the workplace.

There arent many doctors who specialize in treating scars, and most only offer one or two choices which they all claim to be the patients best option. Treatments are expensive, time consuming, and results are totally variable and random. Most treatments carry the risk of farther damaging the skin more.

Everyone there is understandably frustrated. One of the worst things about acne scars is living in fear of new breakouts that can be permanent.

MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 06/06/2016 8:13 pm

It's even more frustrating when a guy with mild scarring posts hundreds of selfies, a suicide note, belittles people with scarring that he believes is not as bad ashis, and complains about not being able to eat junk food.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/06/2016 8:27 pm

quan i agree with the last part of your post every pimple i get now i freak out because of damage done . had i had no scars i wouldnt give a rats ass about breakouts as they are temporary

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/06/2016 9:01 pm

48 minutes ago, Dan34 said:

It's even more frustrating when a guy with mild scarring posts hundreds of selfies, a suicide note, belittles people with scarring that he believes is not as bad ashis, and complains about not being able to eat junk food.

I wouldnt trivialize someones scarring. If you know your acne leaves scars, one of the worst parts is living in fear of a breakout that you will be looking at potentially forever.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@justalittlelonger)

Posted : 06/06/2016 9:19 pm

I've only been here a short time and have seen a few of those abundance of selfies posts. It's so easy to freak out because you don't know what going to happen with a new pimple so I understand the panic. It does get a bit excessive to post every few day or once a week though and it seems like they don't absorb people's advice or attempts to reassure them even though that's what they were looking for.

MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 06/06/2016 9:43 pm

43 minutes ago, QuanHenry said:
I wouldnt trivialize someones scarring. If you know your acne leaves scars, one of the worst parts is living in fear of a breakout that you will be looking at potentially forever.

Except he barely has scars and thinks the world revolves around him. I have no sympathy for scarface.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/06/2016 10:34 pm

51 minutes ago, Dan34 said:
Except he barely has scars and thinks the world revolves around him. I have no sympathy for scarface.

really? if thats the way you think of me then im curious about your thoughts on scarredandsad

MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 06/06/2016 11:14 pm

You can look at my past comments on her. I'm not a fan by any means, especially after she said to embrace death.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/06/2016 11:27 pm

1 hour ago, Dan34 said:

Youre right, but I get the impression that the scars are new to him and came out of nowhere. Reminds me of when I first learned about acne scars. I think hell get over it in time, at least I hope.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/06/2016 11:31 pm

2 minutes ago, QuanHenry said:
1 hour ago, Dan34 said:

Youre right, but I get the impression that the scars are new to him and came out of nowhere. I think hell get over it in time, at least I hope.

15 minutes ago, Dan34 said:

You can look at my past comments on her. I'm not a fan by any means, especially after she said to embrace death.

honestly dan for some reason your comments make my laugh my ass off. i think your hilarious. and quan, im on anti anxiety and antidepressants now which are helping ALOT , im actually enjoying life a little more. im still really depressed about my scars but i dont wake up daily with intense anxiety like i used to. i used to wak e up afraid to look at my face for new breakouts. i would wake up and if my face didnt hurt on the pillow it meant no big pimples and id be happy. im actually going in public and not staring at everyones skin

and FYI that samuel guy over on scar treatments literally posted photos every hour ...

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/10/2016 6:17 pm

On June 6, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Dan34 said:

The feeling is mutual. You are so unsympathetic and act like such a hard ass, when in reality you are obviously unhappy too or else you wouldn't be trolling this forum and would be out living a life.

Tell me, do you know what it feels like to have someone point and at a deformity on your face and ask wtf happened? Or to touch their own face in the exact same place that you have a scar? Or to have someone just simply stare and make scar contact instead of eye contact?

It's sad that my suffering makes you so uncomfortable. I used to have a perfect face, and now it's gone. My quality of life blows and I'm grieving the loss of my former identity. Not to mention how traumatic it was to get my face cut open during my scar exision, only to slowly watch it fail.

You don't see me on this forum insulting others who are tourmented by their scars. With the exception of scarface, because he's clearly not right in the head. But I've realized that insulting him is wrong too. The kid needs help. He has a chance at living a good life.

MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 06/11/2016 1:45 am

Yeah scarredandsad, I'm the one trolling this forum while you are telling people to embrace death with open arms. Logical assessment. I am sympathetic to posters with actual acne scarring who contribute to the message board with information we can all learn from.

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/11/2016 4:54 am

3 hours ago, Dan34 said:

Yeah scarredandsad, I'm the one trolling this forum while you are telling people to embrace death with open arms. Logical assessment. I am sympathetic to posters with actual acne scarring who contribute to the message board with information we can all learn from.

Correction, I said that "I" embrace death with open arms and anyone else that suffers to my extent should know that we will be relieved of this pain someday soon because there is no cure for bad scars. No, I do not have acne scarring, but I have a bad scar that I tried to treat. I have shared my experience with scar treatments, and I straight up got sold down the river by numerous doctors, which sadly seems to be a common theme here. Therefor, I have a very negative opinion of the plastic surgery/dermatology industry. For the most part, i think that they are out to make money and not to genuinely help people, like most other doctors. That is my experience and my opinion, and I am just as entitled to share it on this forum as you are to share yours. I don't come here to insult people who are clearly distraught and suffering, like you so quickly do. Why you feel the need to do this, I'll never understand. You know the pain and trauma facial scarring causes. But I guess you think that because I didn't get my scar from acne, I don't have the badge of honor to be on this board. Seriously dude, get over yourself. I'm suffering, just like everyone else on this stupid forum.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 06/11/2016 12:44 pm

i am disfigured for life . i wake up everyday wishing i jus had normal skin

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/13/2016 8:08 pm

On 6/6/2016 at 10:01 PM, QuanHenry said:

Plus not everyone is the same mentally. Some people predisposed to mental illness may seem to be a lot more dramatic and obsessive but a lot of that is brain chemicals. Sometimes they need antidepressants so they can get off the mental aspect of acne or scarring. Its not always a within a persons control.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/18/2016 11:39 pm

On June 11, 2016 at 10:44 AM, ScarFace6556 said:

i am disfigured for life . i wake up everyday wishing i jus had normal skin

Me too. I wake up and can't even get out of bed. I hardly ever leave my house and have zero social life. In fact, ive spent the past several days in bed due to deep deep depression. Things are getting much much worse now that all of my scar treatments failed. I have no hope.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/19/2016 8:00 am

8 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:
Me too. I wake up and can't even get out of bed. I hardly ever leave my house and have zero social life. In fact, ive spent the past several days in bed due to deep deep depression. Things are getting much much worse now that all of my scar treatments failed. I have no hope.

i feel like that when myskin is breaking out. If its clear I feel great. I don't want to get up and be seen if I'm broken out. I don't scar luckily but I imagine it would be just as bad mentally.
Have you tried antidepressants? Do you have pets?

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 06/19/2016 10:09 am

2 hours ago, snarkygirl said:
i feel like that when myskin is breaking out. If its clear I feel great. I don't want to get up and be seen if I'm broken out. I don't scar luckily but I imagine it would be just as bad mentally.

Scarring is worse because its permanent. I've tried meds and they were awful. I have a pet and I love him but he can't replace the high quality of life that I had before my accident. I'm screwed.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/19/2016 1:36 pm

3 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:
5 hours ago, snarkygirl said:

Scarring is worse because its permanent. I've tried meds and they were awful. I have a pet and I love him but he can't replace the high quality of life that I had before my accident. I'm screwed.

Well I'd still not give up completely cause scars fade more with time, and new treatments are coming out all the time. Some scientists have been working on growing skin and using 4 d printers to make new parts!