Oily skin from stre...

Notifications
Clear all

Oily skin from stress and inadequate sleep!

MemberMember
(@stressedout)

Posted : 05/27/2016 4:03 am

So im new in here i made my account here because i recently developed oily face.only in my face. I started noticing it when im very stressed out,depressed and then suddenly developed insomia. Now im on a cycle. Up to now im experiencing this oily face. How can i stop this plss help me....

MemberMember
(@acnescience)

Posted : 06/08/2016 3:55 pm

Yes, stress can increase your skin's sebum production by depleting out essential nutrients. (Copied from another post I wrote):

"This will be the best advice you get. I may look like I haven't posted a lot because I just review the boards and never post. If you really want a product that will work for your oiliness, that's not out there to sell it for the desperate people (like myself) then buy these list of supplements:

• Vitamin A (10,000 IU) -reduce oiliness, reduce skin shedding, & overall skin health (Accutane is a vitamin A derivative and it works on everyone)
  • Zinc (50 mg/d - take at night)- You don't know how OG this supplement is until you take it. This is what cured my cystic acne alone.
  • Magnesium(at least 100% DV - take at night) - For better sleep & required for skin health
  • (Varies person to person, use the others first before this)Vitamin B5 + L-Carnitine(2g/beginning to maximum of 5g/day + with 1 gram of L-Carnitine) - to reduce oiliness, enhance fat metabolism, and increase Coenzyme A
  • 2,000 mg of natural Vitamin C(rosehips etc.) -Promotes collagen healing, reduces stress (causes acne), & increases glutathione; a major antoxidant for acne.
  • 5000 IU Vitamin D/day -Reduces oiliness and can actually be a cure for most people as it's a hormone that regulates a lot of functions in the body. Go out in the sun if you want it for free.
  • 250 IU of Vitamin E/day (natural)- Prevents your sebum from oxidizing which prevents acne.

Other good supplements:Probiotics (gut bacteria, permeability, & oiliness),Alpha Lipoic Acid(Inflammation + Glutathione), NAC (same), & Gelatin (contains glycine which lowers inflammation, increases collagen, and improves sleep quality)
Lifestyle factors:

• Exercise more
  • Drink more water.Water is life and your body needs water - skin included. Just drink enough that it makes your pee clear.
  • Use the sauna(there's a study where it showed that people that used the sauna actually had decreased oil production: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18525205 <- Wait that's science? Sheez. A lot of people here need more of that.
  • Alsodon't drink milk(it contains5-alpha-P,a precursor toDHT. Various studies confirm that milk plays a role) or intakesoy. If you need calcium take a calcium supplement or eat calcium rich foods.
  • Sleep at the same time each day and for at least 8 hours.
  • Reduce stress
  • Decrease refined sugar intaketo as low as you can. Eliminate refinedsugar if you can as that's better.Sugar increases insulin = acne, simply. I can get all sciencey with you but I want to make things easy as I wish people did that for me when I had acne.

General tips for acne:

• Don't wash morethan2Xa day.
  • Minimize use of products withBP & Salicylic acidwhich can actually make some people's skin worse or builds a dependency on these products (bring the war on acne.org on this claim; if those two products worked, a lot of us wouldn't be here).
  • Eat alow glycemic dietas insulin is what causes acne.Various studies confirm reduced acne lesions with a low glycemic diet (low carb or well balanced meals). Boring Science:This isdue to the overproduction of free roaming IGF-1 which is incredibly androgenic. Don't take testosterone boosters as they increase the conversion of T to DHT (more powerful form that causes oiliness). There's more I'd like to say but these are the tips that will work for practically anyone with teenage acne.

That's it, kiddo. This will cost you a little bit of money at first for quality supplements (50$) but it's cheaper than the dermatologists you will see in the future and the topical products. Good brands are NOW foods, source naturals, jarrows formulas, and few other goodies.

This also may take about a month to see results.Be patientas whoever is the most patient wins the acne game (if you're waiting until you're 25 to cure acne, you've been waiting a little too long pal). Also try to minimize looking at the mirror and staring negatively at your face. This will stress you out in the long term and cause a repeated cycle of acne.

This is a good way to reduce oiliness: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/329385-ways-to-use-milk-of-magnesia-for-oily-skin/ . This is very effective but the problem is that it's PH is too basic so to counteract that use this: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/324606-flakydryoily-skin-try-this/

(IMPORTANT TIPS FOR STRESS:To reduce stress if you can't, use ashwagandha (it's an adaptogen) and has worked very well to reduce my stress. Zinc is a game changer, just make sure to take it as far away from calcium (dairy, supplements, etc.) and whole grains. Fish oil will do wonders for your stress as well and depression. I take carlson's lab fish oil and Optizinc.

(PS:This is from someone that's suffered from the worst kind of stress, depression, and etc. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, and my heart would pump every few minutes. I was scared to talk to anyone (bad anxiety) and sealed myself in from the world. Take it from someone that's had the worst, this will work.)

MemberMember
(@stressedout)

Posted : 06/13/2016 2:38 am

Thank you very much! I aopreciate your answer hope something will work

MemberMember
(@stressedout)

Posted : 06/14/2016 12:23 am

Do i need to take all the supplemments? Or just pick one?

MemberMember
(@acnescience)

Posted : 06/30/2016 12:35 pm

I messaged you