Dry/ Peeling/ Flaky...

Notifications
Clear all

Dry/ Peeling/ Flaky Skin & used exfoliator

MemberMember
(@vixenrogue)

Posted : 05/01/2016 3:37 pm

I've been using Acne.org for about 3 weeks. My face is clearing up dramatically and even faded the 85% of my scars. However, my entire face and neck is dry, flaky, and peeling. I live in Arizona, so this is a problem for me. I already use a SPF 100. Today, I caved in and used an exfoliating wipe. My skin looks great without the flakes, but does that mean that sun exposure will make the dryness worst tomorrow?Should I continue to use a heavy amount of Benzoyl Peroxide in the morning and night? I feel like I need to skip the morning dose to let my face heal..

Also, is there an over the counter moisturizer with healing elements you could recommend?

Thanks,
VixenRogue

MemberMember
(@johnnywitt19bakercharters-org)

Posted : 05/02/2016 10:20 am

@VixenRogue You can decrease the amount of Benzoyl Peroxide that you are using and have you tried incorporating the Acne.org AHA+? It helps with flakiness and If you do use the AHA+ continue usingsunscreen.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 05/02/2016 2:24 pm

Hi VixenRogue,

In addition to what John said, you may actually use 2 full pumps of the Moisturizer as often as needed. You may also add 5-6 drops of the Acne.org Jojoba Oil to the Moisturizer every time you apply it to help with the dryness of your skin.

-John- liked
MemberMember
(@vixenrogue)

Posted : 05/06/2016 12:52 am

Thanks Johnand Acne.org Support,

I'll be sure to look into the Jojoba Oil and the AHA+ products. In the meantime, I have a photo shoot this week. I'm having trouble hiding the flakiness under make up.May I still use exfoliating wipes on my face once a week, or will that affect the regimen negatively? Will that do more harm than good?

Thanks,
VixenRogue