clindamycin and the...

Notifications
Clear all

clindamycin and the Regimen...Acne is getting worse, WHY?! HELP!

MemberMember
(@dnortelive-com)

Posted : 04/29/2016 1:42 pm

So i started the regime and it seems like everyday I have a new pimple that was never there !!! What is going on :( 

I want to use a topical antibiotic clindamycim, just not sure how to add this into the regime. Before applying benyzilperoxide or after? 

someone help!! 

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 2.42.20 PM.png

You liked
Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 04/29/2016 1:52 pm

3 minutes ago, Daniela said:

So i started the regime and it seems like everyday I have a new pimple that was never there !!! What is going on :( 

I want to use a topical antibiotic clindamycim, just not sure how to add this into the regime. Before applying benyzilperoxide or after? 

someone help!! 

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 2.42.20 PM.png

Hi Daniela, 

Thank you for contacting us. Break outs, dryness and irritation is to be expected during the first few weeks into the Acne.org Regimen 3 step system but rest assured that this will eventually go away after a few weeks. 

Make sure that you are using the Acne.org Regimen products precisely as instructed and you do not use any other products as it might further irritate your skin. 

Just be patient and you will eventually clear up.

If you need any further assistance, just let us know. We're here to help. 

Daniela, -John-, DeLovely and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@dnortelive-com)

Posted : 04/29/2016 2:22 pm

How do I add topicalclindamycin into the acne.org regime?

You liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/29/2016 3:15 pm

Agreed! It's best to wait till you're clear before adding any non-Acne.Org products into the Regimen. But once clear, you could try mixing equal amounts of clindamycin and BP. They're OK to use together.

Daniela, -John- and liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/29/2016 3:22 pm

54 minutes ago, Daniela said:

How do I add topicalclindamycin into the acne.org regime?

Once you're clear, you can try mixing a pump of BP with an equal portion of clindamycin and mixing. They're OK to use together. In fact, when using clindamycin, derms recommend using together with BP, rather than using clindamycin by itself. This helps prevent antibiotic resistance. But they both do the same thing (kill bacteria) so I'm not sure of the benefit of adding clindamycin to the Regimen. My son was using clindamycin for awhile for bacne, but only because this does not bleach his shirts. He stopped using after 3 months, which is the recommended length of time to use antibiotics.

Daniela, -John- and liked