Not popping spots c...

Notifications
Clear all

Not popping spots challenge

MemberMember
(@charliejaxon)

Posted : 04/05/2016 11:45 am

I'm Charlie, I have mild to moderate acne on my chin and around my mouth which I assume is due to hormones:(.
I have a terrible habit of popping and picking my spots which I know makes them much worse and obviously spreads the bacteria causing more spots. So, I'm going to start the 'no touching acne challenge', I aim to do it for this month and see if it helps and hopefully carry it on after the month is over!
My facial routine (in case you were wondering) :
.In the morning I just splash my face with cool water and don't rub or anything and I'll let it air dry.
.As part of the challenge I'm going to stop wearing face makeup completely but I would normally apply a very minimal amount of concealer onto my spots.
.In the evening I use a mixture of jojoba oil and coconut oil and rub it on my face, wipe it off with cotton pads to remove dirt and then use a wet face towel and just wipe it over my face.

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/07/2016 4:03 pm

How is this going? I have tried forever to do this successfully!

MemberMember
(@charliejaxon)

Posted : 04/11/2016 8:36 am

I have had no trouble not popping my spots because I know i'll regret straight away however I touch, when I study I run my hands over my chin and scratch and pull but I'm back at school now so I'll be distracted!I'm feeling discouraged as my skin is going crazy,at first everything surfaced then a lot of them disappeared, however now they're back and I have a lot more.:(I've got six white heads and a big old spot coming through on my nose (fantastic). But as I said I'm back at school tomorrow so will be very distracted and won't touch my face, and I won't wear makeup (eek not excited).

DeLovely and TaneBabe liked
MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/11/2016 10:30 am

Good! I am so glad you are having luck with this. I hate being a chronic picker, just because I know my skin would look a lot better if I just let the spots do their thing. I am the worst at popping little whiteheads/blackheads that leave a nice red mark for a few days. I started using AHAs and toners and now my whiteheads are kind of falling off. So satisfying. Now just need to be patient and wait for these popped spots to heal. ERG! Have a good day at school!

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 04/16/2016 1:51 am

I spent  10 years from 15 to 25 sticking needles deep down into my then huge spots about 1/4" and putting my fingers either side and pushing inwards, I would have to do this 4 or 5 times a day for 3 days until there was a final squirt onto the mirror,now at 57 I get a big one every 3 or 4 years and I have sliced them open with a razor and have never scarred,
I have posted a photo,maybe the wrinkles hide them HA HA.IMG_0548.JPG.4321888a9e8363483f9aef24325

MemberMember
(@charliejaxon)

Posted : 04/16/2016 6:30 am

1st week
Well I survived the week of wearing very minimal makeup and not popping, and I have to say things are looking good right now!
It was my time of the month this week, as a result a big spot popped up on my nose which I did squeeze and put a tiny bit of concealer on unfortunately, that was my biggest downfall of the week but I couldn't face school with that on my nose. It went away extremely quickly though and by yesterday it had just turned into a mark on my nose which I don't care about. I currently have only one 'actual' spot next to my mouth which is down to my period I assume. I can see that the overall tone of my skin is balancing, some scars on my chin that were extremely prominent just last week are barely visible!My forehead is also clearing up, it went kind of crazy, every once in a while it just is full of small whiteheads and red marks but its going now thankfully!

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/16/2016 8:31 pm

What's worse for me isn't popping pimples but picking at a blocked pore( sebum plug?). I had like 10 days of clear skin for once, and one night I randomly started squeezing the stuff out of the blocked pores. Well of course the ones I didn't get somehow morphed I to red lumps under the skin...its not like I don't know any better! I winder if I'll ever learn.
I actually don't mind popping pimples that are white I font tend to scar...I'd rather have them gone than have a pwhite pimple on my face.

On 4/16/2016 at 2:51 AM, kasyani said:

I spent  10 years from 15 to 25 sticking needles deep down into my then huge spots about 1/4" and putting my fingers either side and pushing inwards, I would have to do this 4 or 5 times a day for 3 days until there was a final squirt onto the mirror,now at 57 I get a big one every 3 or 4 years and I have sliced them open with a razor and have never scarred,
I have posted a photo,maybe the wrinkles hide them HA HA.IMG_0548.JPG

i saw some up close pics, your skin looks pretty good :)

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 06/17/2016 12:40 am

the spot has to be ripe ie pus inside somewhere,it's not always visible,if I get a huge one when it's ripe I insert a pin deep inside and push my fingers into my face to expel the pus.the trick is finding the right pore opening,then do it every 4 hours for 3 or 4 days until it's all gone

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 06/21/2016 1:00 am

Hi, got a big deep down spot by my nose this week, sliced it with a razor and now's it's healing,apart from the spot the rest of my skin and my daughter's always remains healthy looking when she get's a spot or two