Notifications
Clear all

First time Accutane user

MemberMember
(@cdr1990)

Posted : 03/16/2016 3:16 pm

Okay, so.. I'm a little freaked out on how bad my skin is looking right now. This is day 14 of 60mg a day. I have a few white heads but mostly all are cystic and hurt or itch. I've been washing my face with Cetaphil and moisturizing with Lubriderm, that's it! no toner or anything else, which I'm not used to. My skin is usually super oily, like you can fry some stuff on it haha but right now it stays pretty decent all day, not super dry but not oily either, My chin is the driest spot on my face, which is where I'm breaking out the most and also around my mouth (laugh lines?). No other symptoms so far, I'm hoping these will go away soon, bc ew. I know it's part of the process so I'm staying hopeful.

I'm a little worried about putting on makeup, bc of the skin flaking..so I've looked kinda crazy to work, it's so embarrassing but I'm taking it like a champ. 🙂

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 03/16/2016 3:48 pm

Stay positive! I am just a few days ahead of you right now, but I'm on 40mg instead of 60. I am very excited to see us progress!

CDR1990 liked
MemberMember
(@cdr1990)

Posted : 03/16/2016 4:13 pm

Thank you! how are your breakouts now? I'm excited for what's to come 🙂

MemberMember
(@cdr1990)

Posted : 03/16/2016 4:32 pm

44 minutes ago, Diamond98 said:

Stay positive! I am just a few days ahead of you right now, but I'm on 40mg instead of 60. I am very excited to see us progress!

Thank you! how are your breakouts now? I'm excited for what's to come :)

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 03/16/2016 5:02 pm

26 minutes ago, CDR1990 said:
Thank you! how are your breakouts now? I'm excited for what's to come :)

Yes, it really is exciting. I did have a small IB around day 6, and it has really healed nicely. To be completely honest, *knock on wood* my skin looks better than it did before I started Accutane already. I am HOPING that the small breakout I got was my IB, and that there isn't a bigger one for me in a few weeks or something. It would be great to steadily improve. Either way, they look pretty decent right now.