Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone!
So i'm on my second month on accutane . I'm taking 60mg (20mg three times) a day . I'm an African American with naturally light-medium brown skin tone. However, in one month alone my face has turned 4 shades darker no joke. It looks absolutely horrible and it's only my face that has turned this dark. I do use sunscreen spf 30 religiously and the longest i spend in the sun is maybe 5 min and that's walking to and from class on campus. I know accutane makes your skin more sensitive, and for Caucasian people, it makes them more red. But hyperpigmentation on dark skinned folks takes years to repair, and now i feel like i've just messed everything up completely. My lips have gotten so pink and my face is so dark, and with my dark circles (bc of accutane) i literally look like a completely different person. 

I am wondering if any other African Americans have had this experience on accutane and if they stopped or finished the course and if the issue went away.
Thank you !