Notifications
Clear all

anybody knowledgable of self tanning products?

MemberMember
(@blackblake)

Posted : 03/04/2016 10:26 pm

Hey guys,

So a few weeks ago, I started using self tanning products for the first time. The first choice was the neutrogena build a tan i picked up at Walmart. I put it on at night, The next morning, i wake up to an absolutely deep beautiful glow. Ill admit it was a little orangery, but it really worked well for me. I was getting so many compliments from people. as someone who suffers from confidence issues, this was really exciting for me. Anyway, after several weeks of using the product, i noticed, it started to slowly stop working for me. I have no clue as to why. I have tried many things, including exfoliated, but now, the product just gives me a really patchy bad look. Any ideas as to why that might be?  Any clue how to fix it? I wish i had a picture of how I looked on it while it worked. It bums me out. But I have a picture of how bad it looks now. I look like i have a skin disease :-/.

I do have a few theories um.

-When I first stared using it, i think my skin was a little more dry? I heard it absorbs more color when dry? But it didn't look patchy at all. Any maybe my face become very moisturized and became saturated so no more of the product could absorb?

-The product maybe expired? I haven't been able to test this theory out as they have been out of this product at Walmart 

Any help would mean a lot to me guys :(. 

right.jpg

MemberMember
(@blackblake)

Posted : 03/04/2016 10:54 pm

Other side

left.jpg

MemberMember
(@remarka)

Posted : 03/14/2016 3:34 pm

It happens) you could cancel this product for a while and exfoliate your skin (scrub, sponge if there is no inflammation on your skin).
if you want really good looking tan you can try Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster. It's looking more natural on skin.

MemberMember
(@divinegray)

Posted : 03/18/2016 11:36 pm

Having dry skin when you self tan will actually result in an uneven tan, as it can cling to random dry spots or patches. It might be best to take a break and let the "uneven" tan fade.

Maybe be try a more moisturizing self tanner. There are a lot out there, but I know good old Jergens is moisturizing.

MemberMember
(@scarred-angel)

Posted : 03/27/2016 4:26 pm

Hey sorry about your dilemma , this has happened to me before i believe the reason is because the product is fading away try baking soda with a loafa and water in the shower to completely remove it before reapplying .i use st tropez which is a bit expensive but def worth it I also use their preand post products to prevent things like this from happening all the best hope this helps

MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 04/14/2016 6:41 pm

For face I would recommend Olay Total Effect 7 in 1, touch of sun. Gives a nice glow, for body it is Fake Bake Flawless.