Notifications
Clear all

BB cream or foundation for pale but yellow skin?

MemberMember
(@marievalencia)

Posted : 03/03/2016 11:27 pm

I am quite pale, but my skin has yellow undertones and everything looks pink on me :(
The only thing I've found that matches me almost to perfection is Vichy Normaderm BB cream, but it clings horribly to my dry acne patches and dries out my skin. Also, it is still a bit too pink. I'm looking for a BB cream if possible, but a lightweight foundation is a good option too.
Este© Lauder, True Match and Revlon ColorStay are not an option. Este© Lauder broke me out, and in my country Revlon and Covergirl don't carry the lightest shade. Too expensive to get off eBay because of customs :(

MemberMember
(@hamadryad)

Posted : 03/05/2016 7:44 pm

Have you tried Tarte products? They tend to lean a bit more yellow. I'm rather fond of their BB Tinted Treatment... granted, I'm more pink, but I like that it cancels out my redness a bit. No breakouts from it, I'm probably on my fifth tube at this point. C: Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 03/06/2016 5:02 pm

Hi! I have a similar kind of problem... very fair but I have olive undertones. You would think I was the only person in world with how hard it is to find a foundation! I'm in the UK and obviously there are plenty of light shades, but all pink or beige undertones that make me look either ghostly or just plain weird.
I found the Clinique BB cream to be pretty good, not olive of course, but yellow enough to not be beige, so might work for you. I bought the BB cream in the USA, but in the UK they didn't stock it, they had CC cream instead. I'm not sure if it's actually the same thing just marketed differently or not. Probably just depends where you are for which one is available.
I've heard that Make Up Forever has a good range of shades that are not just 'standard' but haven't tried yet myself.
Sigh I would love to try Tarte stuff but I think its next to impossible to get outside of North America, def not for actually swatching instore anyways :(
Good luck! If you find something great then I'd love to know!

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 03/08/2016 11:22 pm

NYC matte bb cream is pretty pale/yellowish

MemberMember
(@oldbooksandcats)

Posted : 03/12/2016 12:24 pm

Hi there,
I am not sure which country you live in, butI like tarte tinted moisturizer; mac; loreal true match; and clinique.

HOWEVER, since you have already found a bb cream that doesn't break you out, I would really recommend using that mixed with a moisturizer. My entire face is basically comprised of nothing but dry patches, and I can't wear any of the above straight from the bottle. Instead, I put a quarter sized amt of moisturizer in my palm, a tiny pea sized amt of shea butter, and a few drops of foundation, then mix them together. After gently blending this delicately over my face with a sponge, I go over any red spots with concealer. I set with a setting spray, not powder.

Despite my makeup being 99.99% moisturizer, I STILL get dry patches on my forehead in the afternoon. I get rid of these by spraying over with a moisture mist spray. These are readily available in most Korean face care lines. In the USA, they are available as high end products (sold in sephora), or natural/organic brands. Sometimes they are called 'moisturizing toners'. The key thing to look for is a statement that they can be sprayed on top of makeup. Here are some of my favorite brands:
-Moisturizer: Simple skincare ultra light gel moisturizer
-Moisturizing spray: Andalou Naturals blossom + leaf toning refresher, Mineral Fusion skin-soothing face toner

I also recommend Simple micellar water for makeup removal.

For tutorials, search youtube for 'Korean dewy skin' and it should pull up a bunch of videos showing the moisturizer/foundation mixing.

Sorry If that was too much information... If you want, you could list some of the brands that are available for retail in your country, and I could search online to see if they sell face mist. :-\ good luck!

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 03/20/2016 2:05 pm

I think Skin79's BB cream, the orange label, is really great for fair skin with yellow undertones. It's also great for acne prone skin. Most BB creams seem to have a gray or orange undertone, so this one's my favorite.

MemberMember
(@llduo)

Posted : 04/17/2016 9:25 am

I love Makeup Forever concealer, then go over the entire face with Garnier BB Cream, it's affordable, moisturizes, and has amazing coverage of my acne scars. (I am fair olive-toned.)

I'm still looking for a good moisturizer that works as a primer as well to go under it all, if anyone has any suggestions...

MemberMember
(@pinkpeppermint)

Posted : 04/20/2016 4:16 pm

bb cushions are the rage in asia right now and i find them to be super moisturising (much more than bb creams in tubes lol) if you can access korean products you definitely should. otherwise bb cream's more moisturising sister cc cream is much better for you. definitely look into asian market more coz there are so many