3rd day, great resu...

Notifications
Clear all

3rd day, great results, no dryness but weird itch!

MemberMember
(@freckledritz)

Posted : 03/01/2016 4:43 am

So, I'm on my third day of the regimen and I'm having great results already!
Truth be said, I only have really mild acne and having freckles and rosy skin kind of made it less noticeable. But I just stopped taking birth control pill for the second time and the first time I did it, which was last year, my skin went insane. So insane that I went back to BC that I've been taking since I was 13 (I'm 26, started taking because of acne), trembling in fear of my skin. This time I'm preventing that insanity. And I'm moving to China in September, and every time I go there, my skin revolts (I'm guessing it's either the water, the air or the lack of democracy and overall freedoms). 

Anyway! I'm using a gentle cleanser, a small portion of BP only at night, a gentle moisturizer mixed with a bit of jojoba oil. As I live in Denmark, no acne.org products, everything bought here paying a LOT OF ATTENTION to the ingredients. The only thing I'm a bit uncomfortable with is the Caprylic/Capric Trygliceride in my moisturizer as a second ingredient (what do you think?). Also, BP 5% - no 2,5% option.
In the morning I just cleanse my face and put moisturizer with jojoba. 

So, everything is going great, no dryness at all because I hydrate a lot - YEY JOJOBA! But today I woke up with a weird intense itch in a very specific area of my jaw (refer to picture below - where I have the evolution so far). I also feel kind of a bump there, barely noticeable, although I feel no pain - excluding, I guess, the hypothesis of a cyst or any kind of pimple on the waiting. There are also some sporadic spread out itches, but nothing like this one. 

Is this normal? BP caused? I could easily been bitten by a spider or any sneaky insect here... 

And while I'm at it, share with me your opinion: Jojoba oil for the area around the eyes? Good or bad?

Thanks! :)

PS: To any Chinese friends that may be reading -> I study China, I'm going to work with China, I love China and all its special and unique characteristics 

Captura de ecra 2016-03-01, as 10.12.38.png

Captura de ecra 2016-03-01, as 10.18.04.png

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/01/2016 9:51 am

Glad to hear your skin is responding to the Regimen already! Mild acne does tend to heal pretty fast! Keep using the treatment even after you're clear or acne may return!! With time, you can experiment with lowering the dose, and even try stopping treatment to see if your acne has resolved on its own. 

Yes, the BP can cause itchy skin, it's a common complaint in the early weeks of the treatment but this will go away once your skin has adapted. And yes, a cyst getting ready to erupt can certainly cause the area to itch.

But sounds like you're well on your way to clear skin! :)

MemberMember
(@freckledritz)

Posted : 03/02/2016 7:00 am

Thank you for your answer!!

Well, today my face is even better, and no cysts at all. The bump disappeared. :)
I'm very happy. I will not increase the BP, though. I think this is enough to be effective - so once a day, the top part of the index finger.

I will be introducing glycolic acid sometime along the way, I think maybe when I'm a month in this regimen, like we're supposed to. I used it before and my face was amazing. At the same time, I may reduce BP to every other day.

I'm also taking for almost 2 months now 30mg of Zink, 600 IU/ 15ug Vitamin D3 and 1300mg Evening Primrose Oil a day. 

I know the worst is still to come when it's Hormonal Acne after stopping the pill. Last time it took 5/6 months for the acne to go insane. But at least I have a stable regimen that works - last time I didn't even wash my face, basically. I did nothing other than a random scrub one time, a random mask another time, a random moisturizer every other week. Skin needs stability and I was surprising it every other month. On the other hand, I was taking a million supplements, super healthy smoothies, changed my diet completely, cut off dairy and gluten, reduced sugars and red meat, etc etc. All of this is great in the long run, but with no skin care it's useless for the skin. I know this is more than a skin problem, it's hormonal, but that takes time to solve, and acne is too destructive to "wait it out". 

This time I have a plan, this time I'm prepared. Let's hope for the best!

DeLovely liked