extremely red, dry,...

Notifications
Clear all

extremely red, dry, peeling skin and dark patch (with picture)

MemberMember
(@validcherub)

Posted : 01/28/2016 8:57 am

i'm on 3rd week  and my skin is extremely dry, it is peeling and some part of my face is red, the other parts are dark patches. When I apply the BP, my skin seems like burning :(( I do not know what to do. Now I don't even want to smile or gape because my skill flakes :((((((
except my eyes area. My whole face is like these pictures
For the 3rd week, I use the regiment twice per day. 1 pump of cleanser, 2/3 finger of BP and 2 pump of moisturizer. 
Help me :((((

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/28/2016 10:14 am

1 hour ago, ValidCherub said:

i'm on 3rd week  and my skin is extremely dry, it is peeling and some part of my face is red, the other parts are dark patches. When I apply the BP, my skin seems like burning :(( I do not know what to do. Now I don't even want to smile or gape because my skill flakes :((((((
For the 3rd week, I use the regiment twice per day. 1 pump of cleanser, 2/3 finger of BP and 2 pump of moisturizer. 

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

This is totally expected and normal. It'll pass. Don't forget to Moisturize!! To reduce the flakes, maybe you can massage your face with jojoba oil for 5 min before you wash your wash. Do not wash the oil off before you use the cleanser.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@validcherub)

Posted : 01/30/2016 9:59 am

On 28 January 2016 at 4:14 PM, oyinkan98 said:
On 28 January 2016 at 2:57 PM, ValidCherub said:

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

This is totally expected and normal. It'll pass. Don't forget to Moisturize!! To reduce the flakes, maybe you can massage your face with jojoba oil for 5 min before you wash your wash. Do not wash the oil off before you use the cleanser.

Thank you so much.
another thing. I think my face doesn't have anymore pimple, so can i stop using the regiment?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 01/30/2016 11:07 am

Thank you so much.
another thing. I think my face doesn't have anymore pimple, so can i stop using the regiment?

I'm glad the regiment is working for you at getting rid of your acne!
To answer your question, I would highly recommend you to continue with the regiment. If you stop, all your progress may be lost and all of your acne and pimples would return. Continue using the regiment as it will prevent future outbreaks! Also, remember to moisturize!

DeLovely liked
Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 01/30/2016 11:15 am

Thank you so much.

Hi ValidCherub,

Our best advice is that you continue using the Acne.org Regimen products to keep you perfectly clear. Once you are 100% clear of acne, you may stop using the Acne.org Treatment and see if you will remain clear. If you do have breakouts, you may continue using The Regimen until you have naturally outgrown your acne. You can stop every few months to see if you no longer have break outs.

Some people do stop using the Treatment after they are clear and use the Acne.org AHA+ instead. However, different skin have different needs so it's up to your skin if you can get away with the AHA+ once you are perfectly clear.

Dryness and irritation is to be expected during the first few weeks of The Regimen. Make sure that you follow directions precisely as outlined and you do not use any other products in conjunction with The Regimen.

Use two full pumps of the Moisturizer and you may also add in 5-6 drop of Jojoba Oil. This can really take care of the dryness and flakiness on your skin.

Good luck and if there's anything else that you need, let us know. We're here to help.

MemberMember
(@validcherub)

Posted : 02/02/2016 4:29 pm

On 30 January 2016 at 5:15 PM, Acne.org Support said:
Hi ValidCherub,

Our best advice is that you continue using the Acne.org Regimen products to keep you perfectly clear. Once you are 100% clear of acne, you may stop using the Acne.org Treatment and see if you will remain clear. If you do have breakouts, you may continue using The Regimen until you have naturally outgrown your acne. You can stop every few months to see if you no longer have break outs.

Some people do stop using the Treatment after they are clear and use the Acne.org AHA+ instead. However, different skin have different needs so it's up to your skin if you can get away with the AHA+ once you are perfectly clear.

Dryness and irritation is to be expected during the first few weeks of The Regimen. Make sure that you follow directions precisely as outlined and you do not use any other products in conjunction with The Regimen.

Use two full pumps of the Moisturizer and you may also add in 5-6 drop of Jojoba Oil. This can really take care of the dryness and flakiness on your skin.

Good luck and if there's anything else that you need, let us know. We're here to help.

Thank you so much
i stop using BP but continuously using the cleanser and moisturizer because my skill is still dry and a bit peeling. In the evening, i also use AHA+. Is it ok if I use the sun cream in the morning before I apply the moisturizer?
Moreover. I stopped using BP for almost 1 week, but I read a lot of topics which said that i might breakout when I use AHA+. So should I use BP if that happens.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 02/06/2016 11:53 am

Hi ValidCherub,

There is no need to use any other products in conjunction with the Acne.org Regimen as it is unnecessary and it may negatively affect your results.

If your skin could not tolerate the Acne.org Treatment, stop completely and allow your skin to heal then start once again with only a pea sized amount of the Treatment during the first week ans use it twice a day the following week. Gradually increase the dose of the Treatment until your skin can fully adjust to the product. Remember, the slower, the better. If you start too fast with the Acne.org Treatment, it may over dry your skin. However, using two full pumps of the Moisturizer or mixing it with Jojoba Oil can take care of the dryness.

If you are one month into The Regimen, your skin should be able to adjust to the AHA+ after a few applications. However, if you are only a few days into The Regimen, we would advise that you wait until 4 weeks into the Treatment before you start using the AHA+.

You may start off by mixing 50% of the AHA+ and 50% Acne.org Moisturizer and apply the mixture every night. You may also start with a small amount of AHA+ and apply it every 2-3 nights and gradually ramp up the volume until your skin is well adjusted to the product.

DeLovely liked
Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 02/06/2016 1:08 pm

21 minutes ago, CP. said:

Since there is no active acne, you can incorporate a scrub to get rid of those flakes.

Hi CP.,

Although scrubbing is a good idea to exfoliate clear skin, it may not be advisable for those with sensitive, acne prone skin. For more information on irritation and scrubbing, kindly visit Dan's blog by using the link http://www.acne.org/blog/2014/05/13/irritation-acne-weve-always-known-research-trickling/

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 02/08/2016 2:46 pm

Hi Cp,

Noted. However, different skins have different reactions. If facial scrubs has no effect on you, you may certainly keep on using it but it's best if we treat the skin who are new to The Regimen as gentle as possible to avoid any further irritation. Have a nice day.