Put on lotion after...

Notifications
Clear all

Put on lotion after the regimen ..

MemberMember
(@khangnghi)

Posted : 01/20/2016 11:51 pm

So i've been using this regimen for a while now, I stopped during last summer because my face is cleared. Now when I get back to school ( I'm still in high school ), acne starts coming out again. So now I start using this regimen again.

In the morning I don't have much time before school starts, I do everything like normal : cleanse my face, applyBenzoyl Peroxide ( 2 pumps ), then the moisturizer with 2-3 drops of jojoba oil. But the thing is, I can't put 2 pumps of moisturizer or more jojoba oil because then it will take time to dry and I'll come to school with shiny looking skin on my face ( which is I'm really trying to avoid ), so I only put enough ( I'd say half or 3/4 of a pump ) of moisturizer and 2-3 drops of jojoba oil and it dries out perfectly by the time I get to school. But during the day, I don't know if it's my skin ( flakiness ) or the moisturizer is falling off, because every time I'd look in the mirror I see stuffs like that and I try to wipe it off but it looks yellow ( like the moisturizer ) not transparent or white off the skin.
I don't know if it's because of the weather ( super cold in Canada atm ), freezes the moisturizer and then it breaks ( I don't know if that makes sense ).

So I just want to ask if I can apply lotion on my face right before I leave the house for school ( at this time my skin is already dried enough to put on lotion ) to tryna cover the falling things I mentioned.

( I really hope you guys understand but I just don't know how to explain this the right way @.@ ) Thank you so much !!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 01/21/2016 1:22 pm

I live in Canada too and I know the skin does get very dry and flaky. I do not use The Regimen moisturizer too often cause it does not absorb too quickly with my skin. Maybe you would like to branch out to another moisturizer? I use Cerave lotion and it really does the job.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@khangnghi)

Posted : 02/01/2016 8:02 pm

On 1/21/2016 at 1:22 PM, nicmic62 said:

I live in Canada too and I know the skin does get very dry and flaky. I do not use The Regimen moisturizer too often cause it does not absorb too quickly with my skin. Maybe you would like to branch out to another moisturizer? I use Cerave lotion and it really does the job.

Okay, I'll try thanks for the recommendation ...

I'm just curious ... but when it comes to this regimen, we don't HAVE to use acne.org's moisturizer every single time right?We can use any other if it works for you ??

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@khangnghi)

Posted : 02/02/2016 9:25 pm

Cerave moisturizing lotion looks legit ... But its not cheap here in Canada since i'm still a student, bought the small one today. I'll try and report back ...

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 02/03/2016 11:08 am

13 hours ago, KhangNghi said:

Cerave moisturizing lotion looks legit ... But its not cheap here in Canada since i'm still a student, bought the small one today. I'll try and report back ...

It isn't cheap but it definitely lasts a long time for me since I only use it in the morning (1 pump). It lasts me a good couple of months.

MemberMember
(@khangnghi)

Posted : 02/03/2016 10:56 pm

11 hours ago, nicmic62 said:
On 2/3/2016 at 9:25 PM, KhangNghi said:

It isn't cheap but it definitely lasts a long time for me since I only use it in the morning (1 pump). It lasts me a good couple of months.

So somehow I accidentallybought the Cerave Moisturizing CREAM instead of lotion ( the small tube ). Because I was scared this might cause breakout so I didn't want to buy the big bottle and bought the small tube which is cream instead of lotion. This morning I tried it, added 5-6 drops of Jojoba oil and it was kinda hard to apply throughout my face ( maybe because of the jojoba oil or because it's a cream ), but I did manage to do so and I didn't experience any flakiness throughout the day ... I'll try it for a couple more days and if things go well I'll buy the lotion this time ...

Thank you for the recommendation ...