4 Month Anniversary...

Notifications
Clear all

4 Month Anniversary + Common (Side) Effects of the Regimen

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/20/2016 6:24 pm

So guys, today (20th) marks my fourth month of using the acne.org regimen and I am 90% clear. All I have is on the surface scars since I had mild but persistent acne. Nothing a cream or product can't fix. I felt like giving up so so many times because of the dryness and flakiness and the darkening of my skin. I was in school when this happened and my friends were like what's wrong with your face? Those questions were so annoying but when they see my face now they are like woah. I just want to say this has been the best decision  I've ever made for my skin.

Just to point out a few things;
1. Your face will be dry and flaky (duh) ; A lot of people come on here to say that this happens and yes it is supposed to happen guys and it will go away. Mine lasted for like 2 months I think but it was a long time.

2. Your makeup would not look the best so stop, don't bother; In my first weeks and months of the regimen my face was so flaky that when I tried to apply makeup (foundation, concealer) It flaked off, looked like my skin was peeling, it looked so bad guys!! But now my makeup goes on smoothly.

3. Don't use a scrub/exfoilator when you start; Just don't because of the irritation it will cause because your face is still trying to get used to the BP.

4. AHA (Glycolic Acid) helps with flakes (at least for me); Use this after a month on the regimen, by then your face would be used to the BP. (Not sure about acne scars because I stopped using this for some time and I'm resuming again.

5. When you are clear, you can change up the moisturizer and the cleanser to drugstore or any products of your choice, just to save some money. Just buy the BP :) 

6. Don't use Salicylic acid, BP & Glycolic acid together; The thought of that even. Your face would be so dry and irritated but this apparently worked for some.

7.You do not have to use the Jojoba oil from the regimen, you can use any 100% brand.

8. I think I've mentioned everything, woah this is long. Do not give up on this guys, it works! You'll thank it later :)

PS: I'm not an expert, just stating my experience. 

MemberMember
(@newday25)

Posted : 06/10/2016 8:53 am

Thanks so much for sharing this! What product did you use for sunscreen?

MemberMember
(@jbjustine)

Posted : 06/17/2016 11:20 pm

Thanks for all the tips!
Any specific drugstore cleansers and moisturizers you would recommend?
Also, did you use an exfoliator/scrub after starting the regime at any point? I feel like I really need to exfoliate away the dry patches, but I don't want to cause irritation and effect my skin's reaction to the treatment. Thanks:)