Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Luke89

I am SO sorry to hear people around you are so cruel, especially your family. It's a shame they aren't able to show any empathy or compassion for what you're going through. Luckily, you have a family here. Feel free to PM if you ever need to talk.

wow seriously i cannot wrap my head around how people can be so shitty to their own family member. im sorry i wish i could personally be there to slap them. you dont need their opinion on your acne, just tune them out. ^ like she said youll always have us :) 

I'm sorry you are going through this. I know how it feels to have family members insult you over acne albeit not quite as mean or as subversively degrading as how you're being treated by yours. My dad has  told me a couple of times, in different breakout periods of my life, that my face looks horrible and that I look ugly. My uncle joked about my face being a "walking zit".

If you can, move out of home or just stay around people who sees your beauty despite the acne because you deserve people like that in your life, and because you owe it to yourself to be free from constant mental and emotional distress.