probability of gett...

Notifications
Clear all

probability of getting acne from someone else

MemberMember
(@beerbelly)

Posted : 01/14/2016 11:27 pm

hi, is it possible to get acne from kissing someone who has it? i have acne but its not bad, just real persistent and mostly on my chin. its kinda under control now with bp and stuff but my chin breaks out very easily. i wanna hook up with someone who has real bad acne on the chin as well and all over their jaw and neck, like kinda real bad. so like we havent done anything YET but i know we probably will soon, like making out and other stuff . hope this isnt too weird of a question but how probable is it that their rather serious acne on their chin/mouth area will transfer the bacteria to my face which is already acne prone? as many of you already know its hard to keep our own acne under control and we go to alot of effort. on one hand i dont wanna risk it cos im already struggling to keep my own acne under control but on the other hand i wanna hook up too and it would be rude af , and not as fun , to not kiss them while we're "you know what ".

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/15/2016 4:44 pm

17 hours ago, beerbelly said:

hi, is it possible to get acne from kissing someone who has it? i have acne but its not bad, just real persistent and mostly on my chin. its kinda under control now with bp and stuff but my chin breaks out very easily. i wanna hook up with someone who has real bad acne on the chin as well and all over their jaw and neck, like kinda real bad. so like we havent done anything YET but i know we probably will soon, like making out and other stuff . hope this isnt too weird of a question but how probable is it that their rather serious acne on their chin/mouth area will transfer the bacteria to my face which is already acne prone? as many of you already know its hard to keep our own acne under control and we go to alot of effort. on one hand i dont wanna risk it cos im already struggling to keep my own acne under control but on the other hand i wanna hook up too and it would be rude af , and not as fun , to not kiss them while we're "you know what ".

Really? Is this a joke? No acne is NOT "contagious".

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 01/17/2016 12:15 pm

^ I don't think she's asking if it's contagious ... Lol ...

she's asking whether skin contact can cause bacteria to transfer, which in all honesty, i think it can. Touching your own face is bad for spreading bacteria, so having someone else who has acne or not touch your face will also be bad for spreading bacteria.

I think if you both suffer from acne then, yes, it is possible it could cause a breakout or two if your faces touch for a prolonged time.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 01/17/2016 1:40 pm

if this is the case, why do people wash their faces, or find that changing pillowcases/pillowsheets help acne?

And what about grease though? For example.. Touching your face with dirty hands after eating fries or something?

MemberMember
(@beerbelly)

Posted : 01/18/2016 6:58 pm

welp, we had sex and stuff , lots of making out and like i said the acne on the other person is way worse than mine and guess what; my chin kinda broke out more, like more than it usually does. afterward i kept thinking like "ugh i wanna wash my face" but i didnt wanna make anyone feel bad so i just lied there and cuddled but i kept thinking "omg im gonna break out" lol. i cant prove with certainty that their acne contributed to my own acne but i have a feeling its very probable.
for those that think acne bacteria on the surface isnt a potential problem i dare you to squeeze a zit and rub it on the rest of your face. i know you wont cos youre afraid it will create acne elsewhere

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 01/18/2016 11:17 pm

Well considering the P. Acnes bacterium along with it's anaerobic counterparts and aerobic opposites, all collectively possess a unique functionality via our transcriptional genetic activities, the individualistic habitat that's our skin's microbiota is a direct result of metabolic/catabolic reactions being carried out in accordance with it's associated genetic blueprint.

Soo.... the exact species of anaerobic bacterium transfers from one subject's face to a different subject's face may be theoretically possible and when it's on paper it doesn't sound difficult one bit. Yet you have to consider what was the density of P. Acnes colony? A typical healthy adult with clear skin it's almost impossible to successfully identify the species. Was the individual who volunteered to smear their cheeks across someone's 100% All-'Merican causcasian beef patty of face taking any antibiotics or large doses of retinoids/caratenoids?
Antibiotics such as the tetracycline family who is used majority of the time has the possibility of invoking the inescapable evolutionary adaptation that's native to all biological eukaryotic beings for survival is the most primitive and instinctive desire. So now that person wasn't passing the typical hamburger helper in a ziplock bag P. Acnes, but instead gave you some uniquely antibiotic resistant strain that resembles a vegetarian hotpocket.

Both of them will transfer and possibly survive the migratory journey, but hamburger helper can be tolerated with a little bit of stomach upset. While the vegetarian hotpoecket caused you to become blissfully ignorant to it's cheap trickery of masquerading it's puke-green nutritonally infused fecal matter. "Oh I'm eating a vegetarian hotpocket because I'm watching my weight,"

"Ughhhhhhhh........"

By watching I mean utterly oblivious to reality itself and my Ughhhhhhh I mean spontaneous anal combustion with some residual seepage throughout the day like a finely aged and horribly maintained four-cycle internal combustion engine.

Now genetic predisposition plays a fundamental role in how acne's pathogenesis manifests along with the immune system's capability to respond. Generally speaking a microbiota that is sustaining harmony and homeostatic regulation would realistically be proactive in ratio of good versus bad bacteria (aerobic is generally good; anaerobic is bad generally). If the immediate state of bacterial balance is optimal not only with the integumentary system, but our gastrointestinal functionality, then I'd see the newly invading bacterial mercenaries have seldom chance at successful;y sodomizing your blemish free skin.

This was a collective contribution with two other classmates.

I feel getting Herpes in either simplex would be a easier challenge than cross contaminating endogenously synthesized P. Acnes colonies that actually causes further development which is highly unlikely. It is an aerotolerant anaerobic sesspool, but even with it's ability to tolerate a portion of oxidation before imploding from oxygen... it's just a crazy scenario.

Just fart on someone's pillow if you want a greater feeling of connection between your bacteria and someone else's. You'd get your result a lot faster too.