Notifications
Clear all

I couldn't do it

MemberMember
(@dani_s)

Posted : 01/10/2016 11:21 pm

So I went off birth control (ortho tri cyclen) back in October due to lots of problems with it like severe migraines, pains, bloating, horrible mood swings, etc. one of the only things I liked about it was glowing beautiful skin. About a month or so after going off my skin broke out horribly and got super oily. After talking about it on another forum and seeing a doctor I was given Yaz to try. Today was the first Sunday after my period I took the pill and pretty much had immediate regret along with the horror stories I've heard about Yaz running through my head. I don't think I'll be taking the pill tomorrow and now realize I don't want to deal with the purging, mood swings and whatever else Yaz might bring. I simply can't do it. Idk what to do for my skin though. Ortho was the first thing that long term gave me lovely skin, but I went off for a reason and I need to try to get clear skin on my own with all these fake hormones. What else is there for Hormonal acne and how long will it take for my skin to clear up from the mess of going off ortho? Please please answer I'm gettingdesperate and I feel like shit cause of my skin

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/21/2016 8:33 pm

On 1/10/2016, 1107, Ponyo23 said:

So I went off birth control (ortho tri cyclen) back in October due to lots of problems with it like severe migraines, pains, bloating, horrible mood swings, etc. one of the only things I liked about it was glowing beautiful skin. About a month or so after going off my skin broke out horribly and got super oily. After talking about it on another forum and seeing a doctor I was given Yaz to try. Today was the first Sunday after my period I took the pill and pretty much had immediate regret along with the horror stories I've heard about Yaz running through my head. I don't think I'll be taking the pill tomorrow and now realize I don't want to deal with the purging, mood swings and whatever else Yaz might bring. I simply can't do it. Idk what to do for my skin though. Ortho was the first thing that long term gave me lovely skin, but I went off for a reason and I need to try to get clear skin on my own with all these fake hormones. What else is there for Hormonal acne and how long will it take for my skin to clear up from the mess of going off ortho? Please please answer I'm gettingdesperate and I feel like shit cause of my skin

I suggest you browse through this forum for alternatives. Plenty of options, despite what your doctor says - they just know about very limited treatments that involve medication.

MemberMember
(@aliviyaah)

Posted : 01/22/2016 7:54 pm

I'm 14, and also dealing with a case of hormones. My acne isn't severe, but I did recently get many inflamed, pus-filled pustules that HURT.

Basically, I found websites on evening primrose oil. There were women saying that it helped cure their hormonal cystic acne, and that it at least helped reduce the severity of some.
I realised that my mum had it lying around to use for her period. (Yes, even if it doesn't get rid of your acne, it will mean a much better time of the month), so I took two capsules.

Now, my forehead is slowly getting BETTER. I have gotten NO NEW pustules! Which is the first step to recovery of course, making sure you get no new pimples.

Because really, hormonal acne is caused by the body. What do you have to lose to just try it out? As I said, even if it doesn't help your acne, you'll find you'll have little to none discomfort during your menstruation. And there are little to none side effects. It also helps your hair, and your skin in general.

Go for it! (:

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/23/2016 9:02 am

Good for you. I would give your regimen at least 3 months of consistent use before singing its praises as it takes a long time for pimples to form.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 05/25/2016 8:30 pm

I'm one of those weirdos who actually feels better on birth control. Its good to listen to your body though. Maybeylu prevented more serious issues later.