Notifications
Clear all

Do I Have Hormonal Acne

MemberMember
(@angela4man)

Posted : 01/08/2016 7:22 pm

I am 22 and have always had pretty good skin but a little on the dry side and occasionally I would get at least 1-2 tiny red acne bumps on my chin or jawline. The past month it has been getting a lot worse and i've been getting cystic just on my jawline and my chin has been clear for a while. I used to use benefit's foundation stick it started causing me to get oily and I would get tiny closed comedones on my forehead didn't make my jawline acne any worse but to help with my forehead I stopped using it and I switched to Estee Lauder double wear. For my skincare routine I which I do all my routines morning and night used to use philosophy purity to remove my makeup then I would use my clarisonic and the sensitive brush head with the clarisonic cleanser it came with. Then I switched to using Estee Lauder take it away makeup remover then with my clarisonic I use Boscia purifying cleansing gel. For lotion I use the Cera Ve moisturizing lotion for normal to dry skin or sometimes I will use the simple replenishing moisturizer. Nothing is helping and the past week it has been getting worse. I started esthetician school 3 months ago but it hasn't been this bad as it is now. When in school we practice on each other 1-2x a week using Dermalogica products. I have so far gotten a basic facial and never had problems and this week I got an age smart facial that same night/next morning my face looked great and the acne was drying up and all of a sudden I removed my makeup the next night and my whole jaw was red and the acne was worse but before the facial I still had bad acne . Would this be consideredhormonal acne or is it something else?

MemberMember
(@mags333)

Posted : 01/23/2016 6:06 pm

It sounds to me like it might be from switching products all of the time. Are you on birth control? If it gets worst, I would make an appointment with a dermatologist and stick with a very simple regimen. I hope it gotten better since you posted! XO