Notifications
Clear all

Acne and getting off birth control

MemberMember
(@myexperience)

Posted : 12/31/2015 4:40 pm

I want to share my experience trying to stop birth control in the hopes I can give some helpful advice to anyone in the same situation. I was on Yasmin for over 20 years. At theage of 45 it seemed a good idea to stop putting these chemicals into my body. This choice led to many months of tough times for me. I am a clincal psychologist and I thought well versed in herbal treatments and holistic medicine. I went to a Naturopath to help me through this transition. However, after years of providing my body hormones, my body had a difficult time doing it for itself. At times I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin, I couldn't seem to get a period again, and my skin was broken out to an extent I had never experienced before. I think the big lesson here is birth contol pills are no joke! They are affecting our bodies in a big way. I ended up going back on the pill but I think I could have come off without these consequences if I had known to slowly taper off the pill. If you have been on the pill for many years please talk to your doctor about how to come off slowly. I believe your mind and body will thank you.