Notifications
Clear all

Chronic

MemberMember
(@lowellrose)

Posted : 12/15/2015 5:32 pm

I've had acne for 25 years and wasted so much money and time on trying to get rid of it.

Tonight I cried so much I feellike not waking up tomorrow. I. Can't bearfor anyone to touch my face so relationships have been a nightmare.

When I was with someone I was so depressed all the time and even terminated a planned pregnancy because of my acne.

It it feels like everything is so rubbish at the moment. I never felt like I had the chance to get any self confidence and so acne has impacted on everything I do and have done in my life.

I am am not all I could have been and now I'm nearly 40 and it's too late.

MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 12/16/2015 4:37 pm

Why are you focused on acne so much? Why do you let your life to revolve around it? I know emotionally acne harms us and changes us. Maybe it makes us feel uglier and have no self-confidence. Like I got this horrible habit of avoiding eye contact. Now that I do not have acne, I just look like a mean bitch. So be it. Let your acne be, do what you want, focus on what you want. What would you do if you didn't have acne? People do not care about your acne. They do not. Have you tried any therapy? You need to realize it is all in your head. And I am sure you are a beautiful person inside and out, and you deserve happiness. Go get your happiness and do not let anything or anyone stop you.

MemberMember
(@saffronaide)

Posted : 12/17/2015 3:18 am

Whatever you got do not use Accutane EVER ! it will give you a deformed child !

even years after treatment , do not believe sneaky doctors. They telling lies to us for sell this drugs. Use alternative medications for your acne and eat healthy.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 12/17/2015 6:13 am

On 16/12/2015, 0825, Lowellrose said:

I've had acne for 25 years and wasted so much money and time on trying to get rid of it. 

Tonight I cried so much I feel like not waking up tomorrow. I. Can't bear for anyone to touch my face so relationships have been a nightmare.

When I was with someone I was so depressed all the time and even terminated a planned pregnancy because of my acne. 

It it feels like everything is so rubbish at the moment. I never felt like I had the chance to get any self confidence and so acne has impacted on everything I do and have done in my life. 

I am am not all I could have been and now I'm nearly 40 and it's too late.

I know how you feel. Having a chronic health issue like acne steals a part of your life. I know i would have been a much happier person if i hadnt had acne. I have never even been in a relationship because i couldnt bear anyone to touch my face. 

When i start getting all down and miserable i try to think about what benefits i might have from having acne. I'd probably be a carefree happy person without acne but i wouldnt be who i am. Sadness and suffering can teach us things. It can make us more compassionate, caring people, or force us to think more deeply about life. I wonder sometimes if i hadnt known this suffering and been really pretty and normal looking whether i'd be really shallow and vain. 

Yes our life isnt like "normal" people's but that makes us special i think. We're sold a lie that our life has to be a certain way and we should be happy all the time. Who knows whether this is the point of life? Maybe through suffering we're meant to learn some lesson. Ok i'm getting a bit philosophical now. Sorry :) 

What i'm trying to say is that our lives still have some value even though we may have been denied so much because of acne.

MemberMember
(@kelly-jones)

Posted : 12/17/2015 7:13 am

IT IS THE WATER!!!! Weacne prone ppl are allergic to chemicals. STOP using them!!

Our skincan't handle Free Chlorine (Cl-), Combined Chlorine ( Sodium Hypochlorite), Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg smell) andIron Oxide (rust water)

Get a filtered shower head!!!! You will be amazed how your water is damaging your skin and hair. A filter will filter chemicals making your hard water softer. Trust me, I have tried everything before I started washing my body with only filtered water. Wash your face with combinations of honey, lemon, and coconut oil and sugar for exfoliation. Thayers Witch Hazel (No Alcohol) as toner. Use aloe Vera gel as moisturizer. Tea tree oil is great too. Best of wishes.

Please Spread the Word!!!!