Notifications
Clear all

What is life but the acne hell

MemberMember
(@rif213)

Posted : 12/12/2015 5:11 am

Hello. I am a 19year old boy. I have grown up in thecapitalcity of a smallcountry. I have had acne since the age of twelve. It didn't bother me much. But when I was in 11th class it struck me bad. Half of my face wascovered with acne. At the age of 18 I had melasma. It existedon both of my cheeks. I thought they were post acne marks for that I had that part of skin fullycovered with whiteheads. One year ago Ifound theconnection between dairy and acne. I gaveup dairy. A few months back I gave up sugar too. But thedemons kept coming back. I had a visit to a dermatologist a month ago. He prescribed me withAzelaic Acid andKojic Acid. One month has passed and I can see zero improvement. I still get new acne. Today I woke up and saw 2 new pimples. Besides, I am getting darker everyday which as an Asian is quite anightmare. I have been enrolled into anengineering university. Classes will start new February. I wanted to enjoy my vacation but these twodemons, melasma and acne, pulls me back. I want tolive my life so bad but it's sodepressing to even look into the mirror. I can't take my life. I can't do anything. I sleep 11 hours a daysbecause only whilesleeping I am away from it. I didn't have scars in my life but now I have 5 acne scars which I will have to carrythroughout my life. It's aliving hell. Which I have completely lost hope of escaping.

Sorry for bad English.

MemberMember
(@guitarslinger95)

Posted : 12/15/2015 8:09 am

On 12/12/2015, 940, rif213 said:

Hello. I am a 19year old boy. I have grown up in thecapitalcity of a smallcountry. I have had acne since the age of twelve. It didn't bother me much. But when I was in 11th class it struck me bad. Half of my face wascovered with acne. At the age of 18 I had melasma. It existedon both of my cheeks. I thought they were post acne marks for that I had that part of skin fullycovered with whiteheads. One year ago Ifound theconnection between dairy and acne. I gaveup dairy. A few months back I gave up sugar too. But thedemons kept coming back. I had a visit to a dermatologist a month ago. He prescribed me withAzelaic Acid andKojic Acid. One month has passed and I can see zero improvement. I still get new acne. Today I woke up and saw 2 new pimples. Besides, I am getting darker everyday which as an Asian is quite anightmare. I have been enrolled into anengineering university. Classes will start new February. I wanted to enjoy my vacation but these twodemons, melasma and acne, pulls me back. I want tolive my life so bad but it's sodepressing to even look into the mirror. I can't take my life. I can't do anything. I sleep 11 hours a daysbecause only whilesleeping I am away from it. I didn't have scars in my life but now I have 5 acne scars which I will have to carrythroughout my life. It's aliving hell. Which I have completely lost hope of escaping.

Sorry for bad English.

I'm sorry to hear this mate, I know how horrible it is to wake up every day and look in the mirror only to realise more pimples have popped up! I'm in a similar situation, but you can't let acne hold you back. I know its hard, but you really need to try and push forward, it really isn't worth wasting your life and opportunities over acne. I'm 21 on the 26th of Feb next year and I basically haven't done anything with my life, I've let my acne & depression rule my life. And the longer you go wallowing around in self pity, the worse it gets & the harder it is to get out of the hole you end up getting yourself into. I know how you feel though, its like being trapped inside of your own body. If your acne is really having such a negative effect on your life, it might be worth going on Accutane if nothing else works. Good luck buddy.