Regimen now causing...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen now causing severe reaction

MemberMember
(@mimiarce)

Posted : 12/03/2015 2:22 pm

I'm 52 and have had acne most of my life. Like others here, I have tried most everything including acutane and other prescriptions. I started using the regimen about a year ago and have been so thrilled with the results. I have not had to worry about breakouts and was convinced I never would again. However, over the past month I noticed my skin is getting very red and raw with severe peeling. I started using more of the moisturizer (with a few drops of Jojoba oil) and less of the treatment - even skipping days in between. Unfortunately, this hasn't helped. Now, even a small amount of the treatment leaves me with bright red, raw patches and peeling which takes several days to heal. I'm devastated of course. I continue to use the wash and moisturizer, but have had to stop the treatment medication completely.  I know it won't be long before the acne returns. I'm thinking this may be due to changes in my skin related to menopause and also the arrival of colder, dryer air. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any advice? So sad that I can no longer use the regimen treatment after more than a year of acne-free living :(

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 12/03/2015 3:25 pm

Hi mimi,

I'm 48 and same exact thing happened to me..I always used bp on my skin without any trouble. A few months ago I tried the regimen's bp and my skin turned red for days. I thought it cld be due to some other ingredient in the regimen bc I had never had a problem with bp my whole life.

I renewed a scrip for acanya..which also has 2.5% bp in it...same thing happened. For some reason my skin can't handle bp anymore..I believe its bc i'm perimenopause..but who knows. I'm on spiro for over a year..it has def helped but I still do get breakouts..

mimiarce liked
MemberMember
(@kelly-jones)

Posted : 12/17/2015 8:02 am

IT IS THE WATER!!!! Weacne prone ppl are allergic to chemicals. STOP using them!!

Our skin and hair can't handle Free Chlorine (Cl-), Combined Chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite), Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg smell) andIron Oxide (rust water)

Get a filtered shower head!!!! You will be amazed how your water is damaging your skin and hair. A filter will filter chemicals making your hard water softer. Trust me, I have tried everything before I started washing my body with only filtered water. Wash your face with combinations of honey, lemon, and coconut oil and sugar for exfoliation. Thayers Witch Hazel (No Alcohol) as toner. Use aloe Vera gel as moisturizer. Tea tree oil is great too. Stick to natural products as listed above.

Don't use lofas and do use wash cloths but oxiclean them when washing, do not bleach them

Birth Control is a Big No as is Man-Made antibiotics. Opt for natural antibiotics such as garlic and orgeano

If for some reason the moon turns purple and this does not work, get tested for food allergies ex dairy or gluten and Do educate yourself on GMO's

You all are Beautiful Best Of Luck!!